Deals Gap photos

hillbilly

Registered
Here is a link to some of my Deals Gap pictures. It's hard to get much lean on when the woman is riding shotgun but I did my best for the camera. We didn't see the member on here who posted that he was going to be there the same day we were. It was a decent day to ride and there was not much in the way of police activity. They were around but not bothering anyone. Wednesday morning I hit it again early but the road was very wet and there was lots of branches in the road. Stayed at the Phillips for the first time and was the only non cruiser rider there. At least I can still get it on a little at my advanced age.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3....&po=197

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Somebody needs to teach that guy on the Ducati in pic 224 how to get off the bike in the turns.

Then in the 270's...SQUID alert!

The camera man did a great job! The Scenery is outstanding. Looks like there were some pretty shakey riders in the bunch?

Nice shots!

116 was kind of funny... "getting my lean on" (while following a Chrysler convertible) and oh the squid's, how is it one can run roads like that in tshirts and shorts....

SSShhhwwweeeee-Tah.............Looking at these pics, at work...bad mojo..I'm leavin early...see what you've done now!
corner2.png
corner2.png

corner2.png

We made it home in one piece Thursday night late. No accidents or tickets and that"s always good. One quick question. Who carved their initials on the headboard in room 112 at the Phillips. I have forgotten the exact letters but it was someone loves someone. You people who have stayed in 112 have some explaining to do.

What days were you there? Are the local sheriffs still there during the week? It's been four weeks since I've ridden my favorite road so I'm due for a Dragon ride.

On Tuesday morning we drove down 129 from Knoxville and saw two sheriffs sitting beside the water talking. Later one of them went up the hill had disappeared somewhere for a little while. Some locals told us that they had a hiding place on a side road where they could hide and laser bikes. I went across several times and never saw him. We heard that they are backing down on the speed enforcement and watching for lane violations and reckless riding. Of course there were many less sport bikes there than during my last visit. The cruisers were out in force everywhere we went with just a handful of sport bikes mixed in.

pic 206-209 for you beginners this is what not to do, crossing the yellow line is how you lose a leg or your life.

I like when they stay down there by the water. I usually ride between the CRoT and the Overlook and don't go the other two miles to the lake.

Yeah it's certainly become a cruiser-fest. I have a Harley and it doesn't give me any desire to go run curves. I don't understand how The Dragon is fun on a heavy-weight cruiser, but to each his own. Glad ya had a good time and had no trouble.

You've really go to be acting ignorant to get the attention of the BCSO guys. Now the THP is a different story altogether.

Isaiah, I agree. I've got to get up there and get a t shirt for a birthday present. I'd say next week will be a good time for a run.

Back