Pic from Iraq

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq, stationed in a big sand box. He asked his wife to send him dirt (U.S. soil), fertilizer and some grass seeds so he can have the sweet aroma and feel the grass grow beneath his feet.

nice....

goes to show that sometimes it's the little things in life that we miss so much.
cool.gif

buddy of mine is there and sent the pic to me this morning. He said last year it got up to 140 degrees. A few more degrees and he said his bottle water would have started to boil. ahahahaha

yeah he said he went inside and started to get the chills just from being in the shade. By 9am everything you are wearing is soaked and sweat just drips off you like its raining. I personally never had to endure that type of heat but if your nose hair is a burnin just from breathing, Its damn HOT!

All the stories about the heat are true, but it is actually about 10 degrees cooler in Iraq than in other places (like Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, etc). Hope everybody gets back safely!

Maybe its not supposed to be but to me that picture is sad, it puts a lump in my throat.

140 is pushing it a liitle bit. I know its hot (Ive been there + Somalia) and im calling bull$%&* on this. Just watch the news or check the internet. Im not putting them down for what there doing, trust me, I support everything the military does (well the troops anyway), but thats like saying I caught a five pound crapie.
Per weatherdunderground.com. The hottest day in Iraq this year is 109. Thats hot, crazy hot, but not 140...

Hottest temperature ever recorded: July 10th 1913 134 degrees. Not in Iraq, but right here in the good ole USA. Death Valley.

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118281091 -->

I agree...puts a lot in perspective...what that guy wouldn't do to be at home mowing his own lawn...
sad.gif

Thanks to all those that serve, and I hope you guys/gals get home soon...
smile.gif

BigBS - when are you coming home?
rock.gif

Very cool pic.....

Here's a silly one a friend over there sent to me.....definately don't see this kinda thing here!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118285094 -->

try this again...

hmmm...for some reason this won't show up...

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118285139 -->

Back