Pic from Iraq

Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq, stationed in a big sand box. He asked his wife to send him dirt (U.S. soil), fertilizer and some grass seeds so he can have the sweet aroma and feel the grass grow beneath his feet.
That's awesome!
smile.gif

I have some good friends and fellow soldiers over right now and here is some pics

Apachi.jpg

Nice pictures. They say a picture says a thousand words but the sunset pictures look so peaceful. I wonder what is below the chopper and what is on the other side of that ridge the soldier is standing on??

109 aint bad, come to texas and live in 114 heat and humidtiy, that will toast your nose hairs!!

Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq, stationed in a big sand box. He asked his wife to send him dirt (U.S. soil), fertilizer and some grass seeds so he can have the sweet aroma and feel the grass grow beneath his feet.
Its good to touch the green green grass of home .. a song by ??

buddy of mine is there and sent the pic to me this morning. He said last year it got up to 140 degrees.
Why dont we just leave them their fuggin' country.

Sounds like a hellhole anyway.

A small boil, on the buttocks of the world.

Let them kill each other in that sandy mess.

Fug 'em. let god sort 'em out.

140 is pushing it a liitle bit. I know its hot (Ive been there + Somalia) and im calling bull$%&* on this. Just watch the news or check the internet. Im not putting them down for what there doing, trust me, I support everything the military does (well the troops anyway), but thats like saying I caught a five pound crapie.
Per weatherdunderground.com. The hottest day in Iraq this year is 109. Thats hot, crazy hot, but not 140...

Hottest temperature ever recorded: July 10th 1913 134 degrees. Not in Iraq, but right here in the good ole USA. Death Valley.
Highest Recorded Temperature Years on Record: 20

YEAR Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
°F 118 90 91 102 109 117 118 117 118 115 108 103 90

I think he was in qatar or someplace but here is the temps I found, looks like he was off by 20 degrees
smile.gif

call it what you want, its still hot enough to fry an egg.

All the stories about the heat are true, but it is actually about 10 degrees cooler in Iraq than in other places (like Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, etc).  Hope everybody gets back safely!
bigbs..your in the service?? what branch..whatever it is..i salute..im prior navy myself..and yes i was there when it first started..westpac 2003...the war started on march..ended in june..just got out too...kinda miss it...kind of..he he
laugh.gif

Cool deal,pun intended. I took a little bit of home with me when on deployment in the PG '88,'89. It was a little thing called a GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER. It had it's own ac. clean sheets and good grub.
Hope everyone makes it safe out of that hell hole.

Good looking pics. Grass in the desert to walk in barefoot after a long day... Makes you think hard about what we've got and who is ensuring we have it.

Back