pc3 usb maps for big bore kit

busa matt

Registered
hey guys been doin some searching of power commander site for a base map for a 1397 with some head work and cams, also have full yosh ex and k&n filter with air box mod. no luck obviously, but i was wondering if any of you know where i can find a map so i can run it till i get to get a dynotune? is it possible to email maps? if so is there anyone that could hook me up? it would be very helpful to me in getting this bus back on the streets where it belongs.

considering the work that has been done to your bike, you will need the exact tune for your bike, won't be a generic map that is close enough...Good luck!

i know i am just looking for something that will be safe till i can get her to a dyno. was hoping someone may have something close to this they can help me out with.

I wouldn't risk it without the correct tune. you have already invested a bit of money in your bike now is not the time to go cheap. Keep her down till you get her tuned.

i understand what you guys are sayin......here's my dilemna,.... i bought the bike in pieces. p o spanked the trans, took it to a dealer to check it out and they quoted him a price he could not afford, so he offed the bike to me. the motor is on my work bench looks flawless inside, i have a trans,billet shafts and new forks on the way. i just need a map so i can put the motor in and run it, get it hot, burp the coolant make sure everything is ok with it before i go spankin it on a dyno. i know the dyno is the best way for a proper tune, i just need something to get me to it...........

Understand your dilemma, but I think any u get would/could be detrimental to you build. For a matter of fact I had to get a second PCIII because couldn't pull enough fuel with just one, had to get one for second set of injectors. I wouldn't trust a generic one.
Posted via Mobile Device

well i bought the bike this way. i dont know how it ran before. the p.o. said " its fast as sh*t, blah blah blah" but i know fast as sh*t to me and others may difffer greatly. he told me it was tuned allready on a dyno. but i cant find the power commander anywhere on the bike. is it possible to flash the ecu with a combo like this?

well i bought the bike this way. i dont know how it ran before. the p.o. said " its fast as sh*t, blah blah blah" but i know fast as sh*t to me and others may difffer greatly. he told me it was tuned allready on a dyno. but i cant find the power commander anywhere on the bike. is it possible to flash the ecu with a combo like this?

Yes, it is possible to flash the ecu, but there will be a 2 wire harness attached to the ecu ant the interface connector so look for the 2 wire harness...

the only wire harness' coming out of the ecu are the two main ones that are normally plugged into it. there is a two wire harness that looks to come out of the main harness before it plugs into the ecu, but it has a gray connector and looks to be factory, it is sitting next to the battery on the clutch side of the bike.

Should be a 2 wire harness from the ecu to the interface connector (white) I think..

if that is what you are referring to there is nothing plugged into it. so i guess i am still in need of a map to get her up and running. i am well aware she is gonna need a dyno tune, i just need something to get her running and to a dyno.

Correct, there is nothing plugged into it, it is the connector you plug your laptop into to program the ecu, the 2 extra wires coming out of it allows for flashing..

ok so there is nothing like that so i assume that it wasnt flashed. do you guys think i am safe if i take a map for aftermarket exhaust, k&n filter, airbox mod and just add 5-10 percent to that?

ok so there is nothing like that so i assume that it wasnt flashed. do you guys think i am safe if i take a map for aftermarket exhaust, k&n filter, airbox mod and just add 5-10 percent to that?

Thats what johnnycheese said. You may wanna call your tuner and ask him how to set it up before you bring it to him. Ya cant Dyno tune a bike that isnt running, so what settings does he want in it when he puts it on the dyno and fires it up for the tune.

yeah i just need to get her running, coolant burped, etc. just make sure all is well with her. the only thing i have to go by is what the p.o. told me. the dealer he took it to said the bike ran great when it came in to have the trans looked at. however the p.o. told me there was a power commander on it, and i cant find one anywhere. dealer said they never saw one, so i dont know who to believe. all i know is i dont think it would be good to hook her up straight to the ecu with all that has been done to the engine.

You NEED a CUSTOM TUNE...do not...DO NOT use someone else map or download....every built motor is different....every riding style is different....spend the cash and save your monster..:thumbsup:

You NEED a CUSTOM TUNE...do not...DO NOT use someone else map or download....every built motor is different....every riding style is different....spend the cash and save your monster..:thumbsup:

Whats in there for the first time starting? Does the tuner put in a best guess custom map based on whats done to the bike?

Back