Pazzo levers not sold for Gen II and ASV's dont fit

Ok so I just want to be absolutely sure... no one is selling Pazzo's anymore? I need a clutch lever still, to replace the one that got beat up...

They still sell them, they just don't list them as fitting the Gen II's. You can still put them on the Gen II but they will hit the fairing, ask me how I know.:whistle:

Robert: I sent you a PM regarding this. I'll be monitoring your progress from here... I will appreciate your perspective on it, by PM, as well.

:beerchug:

Ok so I just want to be absolutely sure... no one is selling Pazzo's anymore?

It only affects the Gen-II. It's not that you can't buy it. It's that Pazzo has pulled it from the fitment list. Make sense? You can get them anywhere, but they've made it clear they don't want to sell anymore of the Gen-I levers to put on the Gen-II until they re-work it.

I'm going to say if all goes well, we're ~2 mo or so before they get an 08+ in there, get their measuresments and retooling done, and add it back. A bit presumptuous, but just a matter of pazzo doing the leg work on the re-design.

Last edited:
Tim...are the ones that I got from you for my Gen II different then the Gen I they are selling now or will Gen I fit the 08-09? I think that is what some folks are wanting to know. I have the shorties and while they come close to the fairing, they are not hitting, even in the "6" position setting.

I can clearly understand from PAZZO's perspective why they need to retool so as to limit any possibility that their product could lead to an accident.

I was out taking pics today and remembered this thread so......

Pazzo levers on a Gen-II 2008 showing CLEARANCE with stock triple tree properly adjusted.... :thumbsup:

LEFT SIDE FULL LOCK:
DSC_0109.jpg

RIGHT SIDE FULL LOCK:
DSC_0112.jpg

The levers work fine until you start making changes to the OEM bar location, dimension, and/or characteristics (i.e. lowered triple tree, bar risers, etc. etc.)... :beerchug:

Pazzo levers on a Gen-II 2008 showing CLEARANCE with stock triple tree properly adjusted.... :thumbsup:

LEFT SIDE FULL LOCK:
DSC_0109.jpg

RIGHT SIDE FULL LOCK:
DSC_0112.jpg

The levers work fine until you start making changes to the OEM bar location, dimension, and/or characteristics (i.e. lowered triple tree, bar risers, etc. etc.)... :beerchug:

Got-Busa you beat me to it:poke:.... I got mine from Pashnit this afternoon, I was alittle hesitant after reading this thread and already had ordered them. I did notice that if you adjust the brake lever out to the 6th setting it will touch the instrument panel, just as it gets to full lock.. I must say I do love the look of these babies.:cheerleader::cheerleader: Mine is completely stock other than the levers

[

Great pics man. The clutch is very close in your pic. Your bike is stock height??

It might be hard to see in the pics but it's actually closer on the front brake side then the clutch side. It's 100% stock height and location in the pics... ;)

My Pazzo shorties fit with no issues hitting when it was stock; Then I put the new triple on and the brake hits and has caused a few close calls since it causes a sudden jerk on the brakes.... I do love them though! :bowdown:

I exchanged e-mail with Marcus at Pazzo on the issue of the Pazzo levers not fitting the '08. There is an issue if the levers are fully extended, at full turn thay can hit. They are planning to redesign for the '08/'09. But they are still selling the levers marketed as '99-'07 If you're using the Pazzo levers at a lower setting, then no problem exists.

I'm still planning to purchase them for my '08 :please:

The levers are listed as fitting '99-07, so there is no recall issue. It's a personal choice if you install on a GenII.

Since I spoke to Marcus a couple weeks ago about possiably bringing my stock 08 over to do a measurement ,I have went and put Heli bars on,not thinking how this would effect the clearance issue.I may not be much help now since the heli bars actually move the lever pivot brackets farther away from the fairing for more clearance.Sorry Pashnit may have to find another bike to use for Marcus to measure off of.

It only affects the Gen-II. It's not that you can't buy it. It's that Pazzo has pulled it from the fitment list. Make sense? You can get them anywhere, but they've made it clear they don't want to sell anymore of the Gen-I levers to put on the Gen-II until they re-work it.

I'm going to say if all goes well, we're ~2 mo or so before they get an 08+ in there, get their measuresments and retooling done, and add it back. A bit presumptuous, but just a matter of pazzo doing the leg work on the re-design.

I've got the full length levers on mine (well, only one side currenty, still need to replace my clutch lever), and I don't recall having an issue with them. Could be wrong, its been awhile. Suppose I'll have to go test out the brake lever now...

LEFT SIDE FULL LOCK:
DSC_0109.jpg

RIGHT SIDE FULL LOCK:
DSC_0112.jpg

Dude...

Thats all very well and good, but you've got the lever as close the the bars (1 of 6)... if you move them to 5 on both (where i need them) they'll be banging on the plastic...

LOL

Jza

Dude...

Thats all very well and good, but you've got the lever as close the the bars (1 of 6)... if you move them to 5 on both (where i need them) they'll be banging on the plastic...

LOL

Jza

That's why I said when properly adjusted... j/k :laugh:

I guess the bikes just wasn't made for you like it was for me... :whistle:

Kidding....kidding....of course! I see the problem and think they could use a little more clearance but honestly; how often are you at FULL LOCK??

Other than moving her slow in the garage or very slow parking lot maneuvers, it shouldn't be a problem for 99% of the time...

I put my Gen I Pazzos on my Gen II without issues to this point. Granted I don't have them adjusted all the way out either, but then again I wouldn't. :thumbsup:

Back