Pardini

Sorry that the Most thankful guy was the last to give his THANKS. I can't begin to express how much I appreciate everyone's assistance. Particularly, Ryan and Steve's Busa recovery efforts. I owe you both much more than a dinner. Odd that a guy standing on the side of road is more worried about a busted Busas wing than his own. Thanks guys, it was a load off my mind to have that taken care of for me. I got back home today about 3 pm and it's fantastic to have the busted bird back at the coop before I.

I sure didn't want to get the Fun Monitors involved, butt not finding a radial pulse and my hand starting to get very cold it was no time to be a Tightwad. Once I got my wrist and arm straightened out on the splint the pulse returned and the digits warmed. I convinced the Paramedics to haul me to Vacaville, closer to the crib than the backwoods hospital. Queen of Transport as they called it. The only problem was that, between the three of them they couldn't find Kaiser. Ok, no problem, pass me my tank bag time to ask Garmin, I really didn't want to go to Napa. Eventually we found it, the ER heads up contact made as we turned into the parking lot.

The ER Doc fearing problems beyond a fractured radius made a call to the on call orthopedist, whom several hours later was determined to be off call. Kaiser has two new facilities in Vacaville and Vallejo with the on call Ortho Doc to cover both. He was in the O R in Vallejo and with my wife already with me in Vaca we decided it faster for her to deliver me to him, rather than wait on him in Vaca.

Worked out in my favor. The ER staff in Vallejo knew nothing of my self transport and was not expecting me. They did however know were the OR was. Of course being Sunday no one was in the reception area, butt they forgot to lock the door to the OR, this is my Halloween Party in we went. The rest of the partiers were somewhat startled by our appearance, guess it was because I was the only one who came in a M/C costume. All their costume were the same, 'cept for one Gall Bladder patient, butt were very accumulating. The Doc paged and arrived with three options, surgery here and now, surgery here tomorrow or surgery back in Sacramento. Here I thought per the first Doc it was going to be surgery only if there was extensive soft tissue damage and a set if only a fracture. After a look at the x ray, I chose here and now. The doc was gung ho to start cutting, I had nothing better to do.

I was on a gurney, IV in arm before I was ever admitted. I had never checked in downstairs. Still had the bracelet from the Vaca ER round my wrist so they thought I had been. Made it thru Pre Op, drugged by the Anesthesiologist and no official chart, everything they put into the 'puter disappeared. They weren't amused to be informed by the patient that the bracelet they had scanned twenty times was from the Vaca ER. Ooops! Smooth sailing after that oversight corrected. This impaired Tightwad even managed to negotiate 400 bucks off his Co Pay. Hope they hold up their end of the deal or I may need a liar!

Was plated, screwed five times and awake by 11pm. Watched TV till 3, was awakened at 4, 5 and 6. Stale hospital pancakes at 9, wheeled out the door at 12. Found a proper lunch of Beef Ball Soup at the local Viet Soup Kitchen and home at 3.

What Another Great Ride You All Missed!

Let's Ride! .................................................................................. Who needs a Beotch?

Russ...

Last edited:
I'm sorry Russ, wow, you are an excellent rider.....let this be a lesson to all of us! Can your debriefing be reduced to simply...traction vrs. wet tarmac? Doyle

Sorry to hear about your get off, but glad to hear that your on the speedy road to recovery.

Called Russ this Evening...................He is Good !!!!!!!!! Still Whining Like a Little Girl but who cares...................He is OK !!!!!!! No Riding till January ???

Any one got any leads on parts ?

Robert

Wellllll, if you were going to bust it, at least you did it OFF SEASON :thumbsup:

Heal quickly!

Get well soon Russ!

All of us here socal are wishing you a speedy recovery

I'm sorry Russ, wow, you are an excellent rider.....let this be a lesson to all of us! Can your debriefing be reduced to simply...traction vrs. wet tarmac? Doyle

Doyle, the corner was wet, rained the day before, road was drying still quite wet in the shaded corners. This was a familiar right, 160 degrees? marked 25, I think. Not sure but was likely above that. Can't say I was being cautious. Felt the front and rear start to slip to the left as soon as I tipped in. Wasn't drastic, just a slight drift. So slight I wasn't worried about it, plenty of room to go wider and stand it back. Thought I had it under control, the bam the guardrail was right under my bar end.

Not sure how drifting outside got me skimming along the right side rail almost parallel to it. Bike was tipped to the right when it touched the right mirror, windshield, the right side of the nose cowl broke at the mirror mount as well as the inner, fairing stay is bent. That's bout it.

I slid along with the rail in my arm pit, my forearm bounced off three of the upright 10X10 posts on the back side. Bike was sort of parked at the rail when it stopped and I just stepped off it. Never went over.

Near as I can figure, as I was standing the bike up to stop the slide the tires got some bite as it was crossed up and it was pointed at the rail when it got traction. My right hand came off as did my right foot. I don't know if it snapped back like a high side or if it merely hooked up pointed to the right and the impact with the rail knocked my hand/foot off. Never touched the brakes or rolled off, slightly back on the throttle as I was trying to stand it back up.

Ground off a bit of toe slider, armor in the knee and hip saved me some grief as did the Sidi's, knuckle armor on the glove took a hit, Joe Rocket kept the hide on my ribs,arm and calf intact.

I screwed it up, Butthead made it thru without a wiggle so it was do able fer sure. Wish I had been smart enough to keep my arm on the road side of the rail.

Last edited:
am so glad you didnt get hurt worse....gaurd rails have a bad habit of chewing up bikers..

Just glad your head didn't get stuck in there or hit a 10 x 10

Good to see you posting...

Thanks for the details Russ, sounds like "just one of those things" events. I'm sure your balance and control gentleness (weather you remember it or not) minimized the damage and severity. Heal quick my friend....Doyle

Pardini, took a ride up to Mt Cobb early in the week and experienced the same conditions you just described...bombing the roads and came into a corner that was downhill and shaded...a tight right...and noticed the pavement was still wet going in and lightened up and tightened the sphincters as I felt both tires begin to slip...scared the poo out of me...turned the bike around at first possible notice and picked up my marbles and said I ain't playing this game....bikes in tight corners, speed, wet, and ain't worth it...
Did you break your right arm? Are you right handed? Fun trying to learn how to use the toilet paper with the other hand...ain't it:laugh: Glad u are okay Russ...heal quickly..and hope to meet you at the Busa Stampede this Summer:cheerleader:

Back