overheating

05busa05busa05

Donating Member
Registered
just bought it today and met up with a buddy to go for a spin...while he was gassing up I left my bike running....by the time we were pulling back on the road i noticed the bike was in the red.....just took it a second to get back to normal once i was back on the street, but i thought that was a bit strange. BTW, it was very cloudy, humid and 68 degrees at that time. Lemme know what you think!

the dealer didn't burp the cooling system.
you didn't buy it at the dealer as Truckracer did you?

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115381088 -->

ya, remove the rad cap,tip side to side etc.

I like to squeeze the rad hose, get tons of air out qwik.

The other thing I would do is make sure the fan is working.

Start bike,let idle,when temp guage reaches about half way up, fan should come on.

any further q's... just holla...

hav a cool 1...RSD.

not following the truckracer reference so i guess not.

I bought it at Moddrell's in Chickasha, Ok. for $9799 - sweet 05 LE - i love it!

thanks to you both for the info!

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the board! Hope you get that problem taken care of quickly. Post pics of that beast!

Mine did the same thing, I flushed the system and re-filled with fresh coolant.
Never goes above half now, also installed the Muzzy fan which helps a little as well.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115411683 -->

Welcome to the board. Check the coolant level and make sure your fan is working.

Stock busa's generally get got if you keep the engine on and your not moving! Nothing to get alarmed about that... I suggest you to change the stock radiator fan to a Muzzy Alluminium fan. That generally solves the problem! For added cooling effect you can also consider Engine Ice coolant.

...and welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

Back