Outside perspective Fort Hood

StromBusa

Registered
+1000 :banghead:

Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers

Many Israelis want to know: why didn't the soldiers attacked by a U.S. Army major-turned-terrorist return fire?

When a Muslim goes, well, Muslim in Israel he is typically shot to death by someone--say, a reserve soldier--within seconds of screaming "Allah Akbar."

In contrast with the Israeli experience, it took 10 minutes before a civilian police officer at Fort Hood was able to shoot and stop Muslim fanatic Nidal Malik Hasan.

How could that happen? How could so many people trained in the strategies and tactics of modern warfare be so defenseless?

The answer--and this may astonish many Americans--is that the victims were unarmed. U.S. soldiers are not allowed to carry guns for personal protection, even on a 340-acre base quartering more than 50,000 troops.

So it goes in brain-dead, liberal America .

Fort Hood is a "gun free" zone, thanks to regulations adopted in one of the very first acts signed into law by anti-gun President Bill Clinton in March, 1993. Click here for the file.

POSTSCRIPT: Israeli teachers, from kindergarten on up, are also armed; so, a Virginia Tech-type slaughter is highly unlikely at an Israeli university.

Israelis, who have had to combat terrorism all their lives, are not afraid of guns. They are an armed people, ready, willing, and able to defend themselves and their country.

Unlike indoctrinated Americans, paralyzed by fear and political correctness, Israelis understand that people, not guns, kill people.

American Jews, for the most part, are nothing like their Israeli co-religionists. American Jews--as this American Jewish journalist well knows--are disproportionately liberal and anti-gun. This is especially true of elitist, intellectual/professional Jews in Manhattan and the New York suburbs. They pride themselves in their masochistic, near-suicidal "tolerance" of Jew-haters and violent criminals.

The lessons of the Holocaust are lost on these Jews. They relish victimhood...Proud, tough Jews and proud, patriotic Americans make liberal Jews--and liberals in general--nervous.

Sadly its true, but the flipside of it is that America is not Israel, so to draw the one comparison is not really fair. Not to say that I agree with soldiers not being allowed to carry firearms on a military base (which seems common sense?), but Israelis are also all drafted and serve in the military, hence all trained thoroughly in firearms. The majority of American teachers are not.

Fort Hood was a tragedy, and sadly I do not expect much to come of all the probes. America is an open society and someone with even a little intelligence can inflict a lot of damage rather easily to other people.

The bit about the liberal Jew point of view is indeed interesting, but you also have to understand that the Jews that live in Israel are the select few who have made the choice to live in what they see as their land, and risk their lives daily for it.

Are you saying you're Jewish and don't understand why Jews in American don't carry guns? Or are you saying that millitary personell should always carry guns? I got lost in there somewhere.

you are joking right?? :banghead:

In a backhanded sort of way. I'm very opinionated on these types of subjects and tend hide my frustration behind attempts at humour. I served in the Navy, proudly. It infuriates me to be compared to a country like Isreal. I've been to Isreal and seen firsthand just how little value is placed on human life there. What happened at Fort Hood saddens me deeply. But, I will never believe that the way to stop these types of incidents would be through the taking on of the ways of a nation that would just as soon see all of us dead as they would any other people. Next time, I'll just stay quiet.

there are several issues that can be discussed:

1. draft- all israelis are trained and serve in the military, even women.
2. Israel is in a constant state of war.
3. the ruling class are all veterans with combat experience.....except the current one, and that showed with his total cluster F*** of the last military campaign.

america, lives in the safety of being thousands of miles away from the danger. most american have never served, and probably never even held a rifle....much less seen actual combat.

hardly any of our leadership has been in the military and fewer have actually seen combat. in our last election we elected a "community planner" over a combat veteran and war hero....

kind of hard to compare apples to oranges...

I got it from an email circulating. Food for thought though, we're at war and lots of our soldiers are unarmed. I do think that we are too soft and PC. We are at war and eternally in competition. Too quickly forgetting who we are & how we got here. An American "fort" should be able to quell some azz with a handgun. ???

I got it from an email circulating. Food for thought though, we're at war and lots of our soldiers are unarmed. I do think that we are too soft and PC. We are at war and eternally in competition. Too quickly forgetting who we are & how we got here. An American "fort" should be able to quell some azz with a handgun. ???

i think that we made a mistake when we ended the draft.....

far too many adults have never served, have no idea about who or what the military is......and even have an anti-military outlook based on movies,tv, the news media and the basic stereo-types that they conitnue to put out...

we are soft because we are naturally insulated from the rest of the world, and we censor our news...and in some cases the news is outright biased and more concerned about their political views than showing what is really going on in the world....they stopped showing the people jumping out the twin towers on 9/11.

add to that that most amreican never leave the country. they have no idea what is going on across the oceans on the other side of the world.

doesn't the fort hood shooting illustrate exactly what happens when a man with a gun, walks into an envirnment that has been stripped of its rights to own guns.....

"remember Fort Hood" should be the battle cry of the NRA.....against all future gun legislation.

I guess my house is better protected than most of our military bases. Sad!

When I was in active duty I wasn't allowed to have any weapons unless I was going to a range, or on maneuvers. All live ammo was tracked closely by the armorer. All person weapons had to be secured in the armory while on base. That was before 1993.

I will keep my guns and my rights. You can have the change.

i was also amazed that no weapons were on the base when we went to see him in knox. not my idea of a "fort"

when the strong are the people and the goverment are the fearfull...hence why the goverment has "removed" alot of what has always made us strong.

Well, what he had at hand was a civilian based weapon which was a semiautomatic pistol. What if he had some military grade weapons say a nice size 50 cal or full auto rifle or maybe a couple hand grenades.

You must really think before you pass a judgment on what should have been! Because it could have been worse!

Well, what he had at hand was a civilian based weapon which was a semiautomatic pistol. What if he had some military grade weapons say a nice size 50 cal or full auto rifle or maybe a couple hand grenades.

You must really think before you pass a judgment on what should have been! Because it could have been worse!

to call the FN 5.7 a civilian gun is a little mis-leading.

but regardless of what was used, walking into a room of 100 or more, all trained and carrying weapons of thier own.....is not going to go well.

could it have been worse, yes.

but it could have been much better as well...

The biggest thing with all the training and different situation drill you can train for can't save you from the old element of surprise. Remember the four officers in Washington were armed, but they were caught off guard.

The biggest thing with all the training and different situation drill you can train for can't save you from the old element of surprise. Remember the four officers in Washington were armed, but they were caught off guard.

but surprise only last so long....

how many rounds does the man get off before he is getting return fire?
anybody can shoot, but we all know its a lot harder to shoot while being shot at.

you can never stop the crazy, random attack, but you can minimize the losses.

you dont walk around on a stateside military in full battle-rattle for a reason! There are very few armed soldiers on local military bases for the exact reason that this happened. If everyone was walking around with a loaded weapon, then you would see alot more of this in the news. As many fist fights as you see on military bases all the time, how many shootings do you think would occure if these"trained warriors" were walking around with thier weapons at the bars? I mean, cmon. That in itself is what seperates our civilized country from places like that. :rulez:

you dont walk around on a stateside military in full battle-rattle for a reason! There are very few armed soldiers on local military bases for the exact reason that this happened. If everyone was walking around with a loaded weapon, then you would see alot more of this in the news. As many fist fights as you see on military bases all the time, how many shootings do you think would occure if these"trained warriors" were walking around with thier weapons at the bars? I mean, cmon. That in itself is what seperates our civilized country from places like that. :rulez:

your point is understood.....but that is the typical, more guns equal more violence argument that the anti-gun groups have been using for decades.

facts proves that an armed populace actually lowers crime, why do we assume it would be different on a base with soldiers.

but without statistics from Israel comparing the amount deaths and injuries from armed soldiers. this is just talk.....

he should have had so much lead in him, they would have to bury his corpse in a toxic waste dump. He should be shot and dumped in a garbage dump. (after he gets a fair trial)

Back