On the road again... this time London :)

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I'll know for sure tomorrow but looking pretty much like I'll be in London the last week of January. There's a work event, Cisco Live that we'll be attending and hopefully drumming up some new business :thumbsup:

I suspect there are two possible options to the end of the week. First is staying around London for a day or two and maybe checking this place out http://www.ace-cafe-london.com I have heard cool things and they actually shot an episode of Top Gear at this place but any of you UK folks know if its worth making the journey out there?

Alternatively I might hop a flight and head to Amsterdam for a couple of days before heading home :whistle: But really I'm curious if the Ace Cafe is worth the effort :thumbsup:

Stay in London..

You will find plenty to do.

London was at one time and according to some, still is, the Epicenter of the World. You can find everything that you can get in A-Dam right there inside the M-5. If you want to get out of town take the train to Stratford Upon Avon to see William Shakespeare's home and stomping grounds plus you get to check out the canal boats. Hey and while you are at it, hop on a canal boat with a pub onboard and take a canal pub crawl along the inland waterways network of manmade and man manipulated rivers and canals. There is no limit.

Don't miss the National Gallery and the British Museum to check out all of the Ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Persian, Thracian, etc etc etc stuff that those bloody limeys stole from the rest of the earth. Just start walking with a tourism map of the central London area.. Go see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace then head to the Tower of London for the lecture from the Beefeater about the history of said place and significance of the crows. Just don't stand on his little wooden stoop like I did so that he very politely had to ask me to step off.

Very refined tourist guides abound aplenty and it is with that Noble Class that you will begin to see what London is all about and why people from India that are from the outskirts of the major cities still bow and nearly kiss the feet of an Englishman. You can get out to Northhamptonshire off the A43 to see the historic Silverstone Raceway; home of the British GranPrix... Man.. I could write for days on this place. I miss it a lot. Living in England for three years in the Air Force was one of the best times of my life.

Don't forget to look into Avebury and Stonehenge.. An easy drive out of town for a day-trip. Whistle at the sheep grazing on the slopes of the moat and see what happens... :whistle:

Stay in London..

You will find plenty to do.

London was at one time and according to some, still is, the Epicenter of the World. You can find everything that you can get in A-Dam right there inside the M-5. If you want to get out of town take the train to Stratford Upon Avon to see William Shakespeare's home and stomping grounds plus you get to check out the canal boats. Hey and while you are at it, hop on a canal boat with a pub onboard and take a canal pub crawl along the inland waterways network of manmade and man manipulated rivers and canals. There is no limit.

Don't miss the National Gallery and the British Museum to check out all of the Ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Persian, Thracian, etc etc etc stuff that those bloody limeys stole from the rest of the earth. Just start walking with a tourism map of the central London area.. Go see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace then head to the Tower of London for the lecture from the Beefeater about the history of said place and significance of the crows. Just don't stand on his little wooden stoop like I did so that he very politely had to ask me to step off.

Very refined tourist guides abound aplenty and it is with that Noble Class that you will begin to see what London is all about and why people from India that are from the outskirts of the major cities still bow and nearly kiss the feet of an Englishman. You can get out to Northhamptonshire off the A43 to see the historic Silverstone Raceway; home of the British GranPrix... Man.. I could write for days on this place. I miss it a lot. Living in England for three years in the Air Force was one of the best times of my life.

Don't forget to look into Avebury and Stonehenge.. An easy drive out of town for a day-trip. Whistle at the sheep grazing on the slopes of the moat and see what happens... :whistle:

thanks! I've been to London about 20 times now and all around the UK. :thumbsup: Some of those spots you called out are fantastic and there's a fairly good chance I spent some time at the base you were at, I've been to a number of them :beerchug: I just saw this place online on another forum, then recalled and re-watched a Top Gear episode that features it, looks cool enough. There's a Harley night that friday that I'm there....just not sure if its worth heading up there or if I should head over to AMS and see some friends or just catch the early flight home. I kinda figure as long as they went through the trouble of paying for the expensive part of the journey, I might as well sneak a mini vacation into it :whistle:

Yep it's official. Im in London Jan 26 to Feb 3. Think Amsterdam might happen the 1st & 2nd. If any locals want to try and grab a drink or something let me know :cool:

Back