OMG I'm still in shock...

$2887 a Year with Progressive. 3 Tickets and a NO FAULT Accident (Got Lucky on that One)...........Now that is for 3 Bikes also so .................I am Still Shopping. Gieco Quoted me $2087 so I just might go there. $1000 Deductable :wtf:

State Farm WILL NOT Insure me.:moon:

Full coverage, have had one bike stolen. At that time I was with Progressive though. 30, married, clean record, + 2 other vehicles with them.

You mind blocking out your info, scanning and posting your policy?

I've got identical info and PERFECT credit and I've yet to see Geico touch anything close to what you have. Now if it's liability only and not full coverage then that rate sounds about right with Geico...

I've been with Geico for about 7 or 8 years. I get a 30 or 35% discount because I'm an alumni of ERAU (Embry Riddle Aeronautical Univ.) and the school is a preferred carrier. Comprehensive w/ $250 deductible. Can't remember what the others are off hand, I believe they are the minimums though.

I've been with Geico for about 7 or 8 years. I get a 30 or 35% discount because I'm an alumni of ERAU (Embry Riddle Aeronautical Univ.) and the school is a preferred carrier. Comprehensive w/ $250 deductible. Can't remember what the others are off hand, I believe they are the minimums though.

Small world, I've got a ERAU degree(s) as well... :laugh:

I'll have to ask about the discount but 35% of $7,200 is still an a$$ load more than what you are paying... :banghead:

Yea tell them you're an alumni and I think it's 30 or 35% off. :) Tell'em to make it retroactive and give you a refund!! :laugh:

I wish they would give a multi-bike discount... that is their only downfall...

Oh and their boat insurance kinda sucks...

It is strange cuz the 3 others offered me a discount for the MSF course I took but SF did not ?
Either way even wihout that SF is light yrs cheaper.

Yeah I have them for the Yukon and the Busa and only pay $125 a month with full coverage. Its not a dab deal at all.

I ended up with SF as well. I have heard though they will only pay out the blue book value of the bike and will not pay for any aftermarket accessories. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I ended up with SF as well. I have heard though they will only pay out the blue book value of the bike and will not pay for any aftermarket accessories. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Most companies now will only pay ACV or actual cash value at time of claim. You can request a full replacement policy but it is more for obv reasons.
On the AFM accessories. SF told me they pay 80% of cost/receipt for first 24 months after that again it will be ACV on them. Hard to determine what a 3 yr old AlienHead or set of nice wheels will be but still I'm fine cuz it is much better than I had which was zero .
Even if you buy some metal valve stems save the receipt. It will all add up in the end

I'm in Cali. With Progressive. In my 50's, licensed/riding for 30 years. No tickets. No accidents. No nuthin'. This year, my premium on the 'Busa jumped about 3.5X--to around $1700 dollars/year. I just dropped the Comp and Collision and went with liability only. That was my plan anyway. But the jump in premium sealed the deal. Still, there's something wacky about this kind of increase from one year to the next. I'll look into State Farm. Alan

Don't know if it's still the same, but SF insures bikes based on displacement, not type of bike which typically makes them much cheaper than other companies that look at bikes in the form of cruiser, sport, supersport, hypersport, etc. I believe it's still the same however....
I thought that too. I have State Farm on the busa at $440 a year for full coverage. I have been looking at a new R1 for a track bike, and State Farm quoted me $750 a year on the R1. :cookoo:

wait a min you a erau grad too?

I have State Farm too... love the price. They go by the CC of the bike from what I hear. They do give some extra for aftermarket parts but I think it is only up to a grand. When my bike was stolen they gave me KBB value plus taxes and tags...no discount for LoJack or riders edge course. I had Progressive for my Harleys but it was rediculous for the Busa...

Small world, I've got a ERAU degree(s) as well... :laugh:

I'll have to ask about the discount but 35% of $7,200 is still an a$$ load more than what you are paying... :banghead:

Real small world...I got my degree from Riddle too...I didn't get no discount from Geico and I asked about it...they said it was for autos only.

I pay like $1300/year for the busa....just got a quote from SF for $260/6 months.:cheerleader:

funny part though....my honda shadow 1100 is currently insured with progressive for $500/year and SF quoted her at $605/6 months.

Anybody have any clue how SF gets their numbers that a shadow is more expensive to insure than a Busa??

I am 35, single, great credit, maybe one ticket on record, and pay $540 a year for Full Coverage on the 08 busa and $585 a year for the 09 Gsxr1k. The Gsxr1k is listed as a supersport, while the busa is listed as a GT sport bike (Reason why it is a few bucks cheaper). My Home, 1 car, 1 truck, and both bike are under SF Insurance. Been a customer ever since I started driving at age 18.

Back