OMG I'm still in shock...

Had the Busa with Progressive, switched to State Farm for less than half per year. I bundled my other cars and the house though too.

Great company with great rates. The Busa tipped over on the Kickstand with no one on it and I had a check within four days. Great company that I have been with for 26 years.

watch these insurance companies,they will say full coverage but not really mean it.one company i did a rebuild for doesn't cover plastic,lol how can you call it full coverage then..read your policies..

watch these insurance companies,they will say full coverage but not really mean it.one company i did a rebuild for doesn't cover plastic,lol how can you call it full coverage then..read your policies..

I asked her so many questions she was starting to get irritated with me .

What happens if it gets knocked over ?
500 deduct and we cover 100% of the rest.
What happens if I crash ?
What happens if......?

I'm have State Farm for my Busa also. Same story as you, almost double for my vehicles but the Busa was about 900 a year with 25k/50k limits. Everyone else wanted between 4 - 5k and one place wanted almost 9k. :laugh:

Okay Blanca, i gotta say it...

You get the giant fail stamp...

After the number of how much do you pay on insurance threads, and state farm rocks threads.... you JUST figured it out... i had to check the date on the thread just to double check to make sure this wasn't old....

lol C'MON! i knew i was getting state farm insurance before i even owned my busa!

now that i said that.... welcome to the state farm club....

Starting to think we need to a) be sponsored by state farm given the amount of people we must have insured through them and B) make a sticky at the top entitled "get your bike insured at state farm"

lol

Last edited:
Okay Blanca, i gotta say it...

You get the giant fail stamp...

After the number of how much do you pay on insurance threads, and state farm rocks threads.... you JUST figured it out... i had to check the date on the thread just to double check to make sure this wasn't old....

lol C'MON! i knew i was getting state farm insurance before i even owned my busa!

now that i said that.... welcome to the state farm club....

Your right .
I apologized to all I mocked before.
I called the 3 I listed above when I bought it.
After hearing that I said frig this and called no more.
I figured I got 3 quotes all around 4k no way would anyone be close to where I needed to be.
It must just be other states that are cheap....yeah thats it I told myself.

The I get flyer in mail from SF "we can save you 40% call us"
I almost dropped it in shredder but said hey why not call for car quote.
No can do but while I had her on phone it popped in my head
"hey do you insure bikes ?"
and the rest you know.

I've been with State Farm for 40 years (since I was 16).
They are the best as long as you keep the tickets and accidents low. :thumbsup:
$620 per year for the Busa - full coverage

I hate y'all. $110/month, and yes, it's with SF. They were the cheapest, but that's still not great. And at the time I had a clean record, or maybe one ticket.

Surprised they covered you with the bike ONLY!

When I moved back to Texas my insurance almost tripled from Ohio. I called SF for the heck of it to see what they would do. They were a hair cheaper in TX on the bike but all of my vehicles they quoted more. Asked if they would cover bike only and they said NOPE...

So Blanca, what insurance did you have on your BUSA before this...? ???

Surprised they covered you with the bike ONLY!

When I moved back to Texas my insurance almost tripled from Ohio. I called SF for the heck of it to see what they would do. They were a hair cheaper in TX on the bike but all of my vehicles they quoted more. Asked if they would cover bike only and they said NOPE...

So Blanca, what insurance did you have on your BUSA before this...? ???

Zero as its not required in Florida.
I financed it thru Suzi for 1.9% and rode out with zero coverage.
I love Florida...

state farm here..only get min on car..but full on bike...car 30 a month bike 48...80 something total a month

Zero as its not required in Florida.
I financed it thru Suzi for 1.9% and rode out with zero coverage.
I love Florida...

Do you still have to be able to prove financial responsibility, or is florida literally just a no insurance, no nothing state...

Yep thats who I use / house / car, everything. Cars/ trucks $250.00 each per year, Now if we can just get them it insure us and bnot the vehicle. I mean I can only drive 1 at a time, I own 8 vehicles..

Do you still have to be able to prove financial responsibility, or is florida literally just a no insurance, no nothing state...

As far as I know nada is required.
Nobody asked me how much $ I had when I bought bike .
I just signed and drove away .
On cars law says you must at least have PIP .

How old are you Blanca??
When I was 20 State Farm said they would not insure me and GEICO wanted a little over $8,000 for full coverage.
I went to a local bike dealer some kinda insurance backed by Progressive liability is only 36.09 per month thats what I took :thumbsup:

just don't get into an accident that writes off the bike...... had all my stuff with them ( SF ) for near 20 years, wrote off my TL and when it came time to renew, they refused, cancelled my house ins. refused to renew the wifes insurance on car and bike cause I lived at the same address( well duh , we're married! ) and wanted $3000.00 basic ins. for a 1987 pickup, then refused to offer a policy, yeah they are real nice till its time to pay up!! and around here a ticket or accident sticks with ya for 6 years!!
just sayin........ :whistle:

Back