Olympia Phantom suit

Bushido69

Registered
Hey guys,

I wanted to get the opinions of riders that own this suit. After years of deliberation, I have decided that this is the 1-piece textile commuting suit I want to get next.

Specifically, sizing issues - does it fit true to your normal size? Do you wear your normal clothes underneath it and slip the suit on top? Or is it too snug to allow this?
Venting - are the vents effective in spring/summer riding weather? How warm is it during the winter? Do you experience any water leakage during wet-weather riding?

Thanks guys and gals!

You mean one like this?

IMG_1028.JPG

I like it a lot. The fit is good.

Wet:

It is very water resistant and pretty easy to get in and out of. The velcro down the legs was a bit overdone, but that can be fixed by sticking some small strips of velcro from a fabric store intermittently down the leg zippers. That will make it easier to unzip the legs, but still keep out water.

Warm:
Open the vents and keep moving. It will flow enough air to chili your body. I have ridden in the low 90's in that suit with no problems.

Lots and lots of pockets. Most are water proof. It has CE padding in all the right places.

Cold:
The cold weather liner is okay. I don't use it. When it gets that cold I hook up the heated gear and wear it under the Phantom suit.

To work I wear comfortable boots (Web Gortex for wet or cold, and Sidi Vortex in warm weather) and casual dress. I can strip the suit off before my computer gives me the login prompt.

It's not perfect. It is a really good suit for the price.

textile suit might be something to look into for riding in the rain.

Thank you!!
First real-world review I've read (aside from the online reviews of moto-journalists). Did you buy your regular size or did you go a size larger to fit your clothes underneath?

And no BB, I didn't buy it yet. I was waiting for someone to chime in, as I most likely have to order it online and didnt want to deal with the hassle of the wrong size. As soon as I can get my life sorted again, I'll provide some feedback!
I like it a lot. The fit is good.

Wet:

It is very water resistant and pretty easy to get in and out of. The velcro down the legs was a bit overdone, but that can be fixed by sticking some small strips of velcro from a fabric store intermittently down the leg zippers. That will make it easier to unzip the legs, but still keep out water.

Warm:
Open the vents and keep moving. It will flow enough air to chili your body. I have ridden in the low 90's in that suit with no problems.

Lots and lots of pockets. Most are water proof. It has CE padding in all the right places.

Cold:
The cold weather liner is okay. I don't use it. When it gets that cold I hook up the heated gear and wear it under the Phantom suit.

To work I wear comfortable boots (Web Gortex for wet or cold, and Sidi Vortex in warm weather) and casual dress. I can strip the suit off before my computer gives me the login prompt.

It's not perfect. It is a really good suit for the price.

Last edited:
Back