Leathers?

hank

Registered
Just picked up an AGV Sport leather-riding suit (with amour) from Dennis Kirk (scratch and dent) for $270.00. It fits and should provide more protection than the synthetic stuff I’ve been wearing. It’s probably not good in hot weather, cause there are no vents. Was this an OK price and is AGV good stuff?

AGV is good stuff. Leather and Armour are all you need for protection.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Its weird to me hearing guys talk about wearing leathers, I have always rode cruisers so all I ever wear is a t-shirt, blue jeans and a non-DOT german stlye helmet. lol

I've only used AGV gloves, and to be honest they only lasted a year and the "kevlar" threads started coming apart, and the leather in the palms started to tear.. Not sure whether they were a bad pair or what.

You might want to also think about the Joe Rocket mesh. I've got the jacket (won it in a raffle) and bought the matching mesh pants for 109.. Its suppose to give about 60% the protection of leather.

Leather is great. the only problem is that when its 90+ degrees your leather is probably gonna be hanging in your closet and not on your back. I'ld recommend you keep the leathers but also get some hot weather riding gear as well..

win43win wrote "Its weird to me hearing guys talk about wearing leathers, I have always rode cruisers so all I ever wear is a t-shirt, blue jeans and a non-DOT german stlye helmet. lol"

The old adage good leathers are cheaper than good skin grafts is still in effect. No matter how well you ride and regardless of your skills or expertise... I recommend you invest in some kind of protective gear... They even make a DOT german style helmet. Because there is always a cager out there on the phone, doing their hair or reading the paper.

Plus if you're riding a busa you're riding the most powerful street motorcycle ever produced, or for that matter if you were riding a scooter i'ld still suggest you invest in some type of protective gear for YOUR OWN SAFETY.

DEz

Besides Win, you will look prettier in the leathers.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Since getting leathers, I'm not so sure about the "non-leathers". I'll try using the leathers in all weather conditions. A viral guy like me needs all the protection possible! Its going to get HOT baby.
wink.gif

Back