Ok, way too many threads......

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
About going down. Including the thread I posted this morning about the accident on the Broken Arrow Expressway, thats 4 today. Take a breath, take your time, and give yourself plenty of space. Think about what you are doing and potential consequences of what you are about to do. Is what we do dangerous, yes it is. But please be careful. I dont want to see anyone get hurt.

well said twotone, give yourself room, think, and most importantly look out for the cagers. lord knows they're not looking out for us. to busy talking on the phone, applying make-up and f**K'n with the radio.

Amen brother !!!

On my way home a lady cut me off on the interstate , I know she didn't see me cAuse she waved and apologized !!

B careful out there

I was trailing the bike from the track with my car, and another lady wanted to change lanes into me. I made use of my air horn (her window was open), and I think she got the point about looking first. :poke:

Similarly, if I am riding/driving in faster (left) lane and see a car in the slower (right) lane ahead of me which is getting close to another car in front of it, you can bet there is a good chance this car will attempt to pass the other car using your lane. So, I don't hesitate to liberally activate my air horn to stop that driver from doing so. Or, I would change lane to the left if there is one available (like on a multilane highway).

I also think that each of us should learn to not be intimidated by this kind of news. Every case is different, and bears no effect on your own riding. The most productive thing would be to have your own set of safety rules, and look at each published incident as a chance to learn something new and incorporate whatever new you learned or derived into your own set of safety rules. After all, wasn't the famous Hurt Report devoted to just that, except it was done on a large scale?

Well said. I was thinking the same thing. It's been a few months since most have been on their bikes. Take your time and get back in the groove before hitiing it too hard out there.

said so well. i have been down twice personally. once at track once on street. and one of them was a stupid amatuer mistake. you learn from your mistakes. definately take it easy and look for cagers til the season kicks in full throttle. i ride as if i am invisible and nobody else on the road (or off) can see me. i think most of the time thats how it really is anyways.

have fun. ride safe. :beerchug:

Back