Oil change

Which oil and filter do you all recommend?    How many quarts of oil does the bike take?
Suzuki filter is fine....Fram has been the only one with any negative feedback.

The book calls for 3.7 or 3.8 qts with a filter change, but it will take 4 qts. The bike
needs to be level front to back and side to side when you check the level. If you do
it on a rear stand only it will show low and you will end up over filling it
wink.gif

As far as which oil....no comment
tounge.gif

You'll get plenty of recommendations
laugh.gif

I'm going to buy this stuff in a local auto parts store, so Suzuki branded products won't be available. On my R6, Mobil-1 oil and filter was always recommended, so I guess I'll stick with that? If anyone can tell me the part number of the filter they recommend, it would make it easier. I'm going with synthetic oil, but which grade? I believe I used 10W-50(??) on my R6. Thanks!

I'm going to buy this stuff in a local auto parts store, so Suzuki branded products won't be available.   On my R6, Mobil-1 oil and filter was always recommended, so I guess I'll stick with that?  If anyone can tell me the part number of the filter they recommend, it would make it easier.   I'm going with synthetic oil, but which grade?   I believe I used 10W-50(??) on my R6.  Thanks!
10-40W for the oil
wink.gif

I'm going to buy this stuff in a local auto parts store, so Suzuki branded products won't be available. On my R6, Mobil-1 oil and filter was always recommended, so I guess I'll stick with that? If anyone can tell me the part number of the filter they recommend, it would make it easier. I'm going with synthetic oil, but which grade? I believe I used 10W-50(??) on my R6. Thanks!
You aint gonna find the filter at Schucks! Buy Suzuki filter. Mobil 1 MX4T is usually available at Walmart or Autozone.

Where can you purchase a Suzuki filter? Is there a good place online? Does anyone know the part number?

Go to ronayers.com ( i think i spelled that right) they have a online microfich that you can use to get part numbers...

Back