4 quarts of oil

gaby

Registered
Yersterday I did the first oil change to my 2005 baby, the 600m. I change oil and filter and with the bike centered no stands it mark low with 3.5 quarts of oil so I add .5 more and it fullout. 4 quarts of oil is that normal?

Picture_005.jpg

I think the manual is wrong. It says 3.5 litres with oil filter change. I had to add 4 litres to get the oil right on the 'high' line.

sonofa........... I almost got sick watchin that photo download....

mine gets 3.75qts on oil change with new filter.

4 is fine. run it till it gets to normal operating temp, shut her down, let it sit for 5 mins., then check it.

Thank you guys I was worry . I also adjust the chain, clean it with wd-40 and lube it with chain lube.

Um, yeah I think the manual states 3.8 with a filter. So Uh 4 isn't really outta whack.

Yeah with a filter mine takes 4....I let it drain for a 1/2 hour or more while I'm doing something else.

with the bike laying on its side like that hovering in the air I am suprised you got a reading at all
biggrin.gif

I try and ride mine like that occasionally....it's easy in my backyard, homemade "cage-o-death". Sometimes I barf.

I use 4 qts in mine as well. My manual call for 3.5 qts, however, I just rounded up to 4.
biggrin.gif

Back