Oil change gone wrong.

One thing, as i was removing the swingarm these fell out.

Does the shim go on the inside or outside of the rubber ringed seal thing?
yer a funny bastid...

outer seal,then shim,then bearing....

as if you didn't know....
wink.gif

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul......... you didn't call me to join in on the fun? Well, I bet you didn't want anything broken, so good idea not calling me.
laugh.gif

clear powder coat....  I have seen clear coats go yellow.

The busa frame is an energy releaser of sorts(for heat) it was designed to be an intregal part of the cooling system(it gets hot).

With the "SmurfCycle" I just occasionally touched up the exposed parts of the frame...you dont seem like a lazy bastid,so yer 500$ could go for something else.  There isn't that much exposed really.

just da Rubb's point o2.

1.jpg

Paul I got your message today when I got in (was out of town this weekend) and I'll give you a call tomarrow. I can't believe you took that bike apart even though you said you was.
tounge.gif

oh gawd this brings bakc memories when i polished EVERYTHING on my R6. gawd.. never.. EVER.. again. did look nice though.

Dayum......some of you guys are definitely talented and all that, but gee whiz kids, I thought these things were made to enjoy, like, for riding once in a while!? I'll leave mine stock and thus avoid all the frustration and headaches of screwing something up.

I would seriously hold off on clear powdercoat. As tough as it is it is still a porous finish. The alluminum will still eventuly oxidize. With the powdercoat you will never be able to repolish it. Seriously if you ride that bike all the time spend the extra $$ and get it chromed.. You have already done all the hard work.. Just my 2 pennies worth. BTW, there are many places thatll do your frame for 6 or 7 hundred bucks.

Clear powdercoating is done all the time on wheels. Foose, Coddington and Weld to name a few, all get their polished wheels done with a clear powdercoat. If it can withstand a lifetime on a wheel it should hold up on my frame. Heck, even if it doesn't work i can just strip the bike down again and redo it. It's no biggie. I'll be the guinne pig for you guys.
biggrin.gif

I think polish looks way better then chrome. It is pretty easy to take of. I usually clean up the bike before a ride anyway so an extra 5 minutes to throw some aluminum polish on isn't that big of a deal. good luck and post some pics when your finished.

Back