Oem undertail rear fender weight?

That's a big difference from 8lbs, for a piece of plastic.
I'de still be leary of that though, with them wanting to try justify shipping charges(which of course is out of their hands).
I'de still like to see one on an accurate scale.
Yeah, I can’t say for sure. Bert above is thinking it’s in the 5.5# range on the Gen 1. It’s gotta be at least a few pounds though. The ABS version of the Tiger tail undertail which is just a thin sheet of abs plastic that replaces the entire oem unit from the battery tray all the way to the tail light is 1lb according to tigertail themselves and the oem has a lot more material than that. But I’ll keep researching.

Our man @c10 went nuts reducing weight on his gen 2 RJ.....he had a comprehensive list of all the weight savings he did...
Yeah, there’s a couple folks I follow on social
Media that are doing some pretty impressive Gen 2 weight reductions. Seems to be more light weight parts available for the Gen2 than the Gen1 though. I prefer the looks of the Gen1 over the Gen2, so I plan to stick with this bike. But again, I want to lighten her up a bit while staying in a reasonable budget.

Yeah, there’s a couple folks I follow on social
Media that are doing some pretty impressive Gen 2 weight reductions. Seems to be more light weight parts available for the Gen2 than the Gen1 though. I prefer the looks of the Gen1 over the Gen2, so I plan to stick with this bike. But again, I want to lighten her up a bit while staying in a reasonable budget.
The concept of weight reduction is the same for any generation...

Some like EJR go to the extreme with their bike and get decent results...the only drawback is the Hayabusa already has a significant weight increase over any of the liter bikes so in getting it lighter means you are already behind the 8 ball.......and they are doing the same thing to their bikes.

Nothing super crazy for now, just as I come across the need to replace stuff or find good deals on lighter parts I’ll move in that direction while staying in a reasonable budget. Stuff like carbon wheels is out of the question for me and this bike.
So far,
-Swapped on a set of vortex clip-ons with short levers and got rid of the oem upper tree, bars, weighted bar ends and levers.
-I’ve swapped the OEM wheel setup with a set of R1 wheels ect.
-I have a full aftermarket exhaust.
- I have a aluminum Tiger tail undertail.
-I’ll be installing a Montgomery Carbon Fiber headlight insert.
-I have a cut seat- I need to check and see if there’s any savings on that.
- I swapped out my OEM mirrors for those little hollow bullet mirrors- I’ll confirm those numbers.
-Removed the Pair valve stuff.
-Removed the passenger pegs/mounts.
I plan to also swap out the bulky rear sets, for a lighter setup. Then maybe swapping out some of the hardware for titanium stuff as it comes up.

You have any other easy idea to shave weight?
Hi. Just a few things I have done aluminum upper and lower trees, lighter than Ti ftont axle, all bolts that could be replaced are Ti or aluminum or plastic. Like inside of the motor I use some aluminum bolts, Ti clutch pusher, drilled out wheel spacers,Ti calipers pistons and all body work is carbon fiber reinforced with fider class
Yep, you'll be 300 lbs and 300mph!
lol
Hi. I can only hope for 300 MPH. The lighter and the faster you want to be is the $ goes up faster than the speed. I to just do not have the money to go as light as I want. It would be in the tens of millions. So I have gwent with carbon fiber reinforced with fiberglass, CF tank 3 gal, upper and lower aluminum trees, Marvic wheels [ DME has broken CF wheels] Ti and aluminum every where I can use them [ even in the motor ] lighter than Ti front axle, light weight front rotors 2 front 1 rear, Ti chain, CF bars, Inconel exhaust header, Ti swingarm pivot bolt and a lot more. The only thing that I would like to get is an Inconel hot side to the turbo as the turbo and intercooled intake is 60 lbs.

Hi. Just a few things I have done aluminum upper and lower trees, lighter than Ti ftont axle, all bolts that could be replaced are Ti or aluminum or plastic. Like inside of the motor I use some aluminum bolts, Ti clutch pusher, drilled out wheel spacers,Ti calipers pistons and all body work is carbon fiber reinforced with fider class

Hi. I can only hope for 300 MPH. The lighter and the faster you want to be is the $ goes up faster than the speed. I to just do not have the money to go as light as I want. It would be in the tens of millions. So I have gwent with carbon fiber reinforced with fiberglass, CF tank 3 gal, upper and lower aluminum trees, Marvic wheels [ DME has broken CF wheels] Ti and aluminum every where I can use them [ even in the motor ] lighter than Ti front axle, light weight front rotors 2 front 1 rear, Ti chain, CF bars, Inconel exhaust header, Ti swingarm pivot bolt and a lot more. The only thing that I would like to get is an Inconel hot side to the turbo as the turbo and intercooled intake is 60 lbs.

What do you think the final wet weight will be?
Is the bike a roller yet?

What do you think the final wet weight will be?
Is the bike a roller yet?
Hi. I wanted to be at 450 lbs and me at 150 suited so 600 lbs total I now 675. The frame is still out at fad shop. If you want things fast and perfect that cost big money I get a break as the do it when they are slow and they to like what I am trying to do. I will turn 75 next year so my time is getting shoter. I have said in the past that my grand children we be at tje end of the race to bring me back in a wheelchair. Any one can call me at 508-496-3312

Hi. I wanted to be at 450 lbs and me at 150 suited so 600 lbs total I now 675. The frame is still out at fad shop. If you want things fast and perfect that cost big money I get a break as the do it when they are slow and they to like what I am trying to do. I will turn 75 next year so my time is getting shoter. I have said in the past that my grand children we be at tje end of the race to bring me back in a wheelchair. Any one can call me at 508-496-3312
75 and still going fast… that deserves some respect :bowdown: … I sign for that

One of my coworkers is 75, and has been riding most all of his life.
We ride together a few times a year now.
Another guy told me to challenge him to a push-up contest...I politely declined.
As there is no glory in a 45 year old beating a 75 year old...but there's alot of shame if I lose! lmao!
He currently has a Bmw k1300s...and this pos Duck, lol

Screenshot_20230111-141715_Gallery.jpg

I like those ideas for Ti hardware and some lighter trees. I was also looking into the carbon bars for my clip-ons aswell. As far as carbon fairings, for my budget and what I want/will do with this bike- is Probly out of the question unless I come across a good deal on a part out bike. Another thing I can do and and probly will do is a swing arm. I’m currently on a stock swingarm with 4-8” extensions set at 6”. I’m told that weighs around 20lbs or maybe a bit more(I read on here the stock hayabusa arm is around 17lbs) and an actual 2-6” arm from DME or the like can net me a solid weight loss over my current setup. But time will tell where I take this bike.

I like those ideas for Ti hardware and some lighter trees. I was also looking into the carbon bars for my clip-ons aswell. As far as carbon fairings, for my budget and what I want/will do with this bike- is Probly out of the question unless I come across a good deal on a part out bike. Another thing I can do and and probly will do is a swing arm. I’m currently on a stock swingarm with 4-8” extensions set at 6”. I’m told that weighs around 20lbs or maybe a bit more(I read on here the stock hayabusa arm is around 17lbs) and an actual 2-6” arm from DME or the like can net me a solid weight loss over my current setup. But time will tell where I take this bike.
Hi. DME is very good to work with. I went to NC and met them the owner gave me a 4 hr tour of his shop. This where I met
Hi. DME are great to work with. I went to NC and meet them all. They gave me a 4 hr tour of the shop.

I've built both six and they are little to no difference in weight . Plastic is pretty light , and lighter than anything but carbon fiber replacement . Now there is a ton of extra plastic that could be removed ;)

I didn't think there was, I just havn't touched a gen1 in years.

I did see a black gen1 back in the summer on the BRP though, and the rider in full gear...I thought I was seeing a ghost, lmao

Back