NY Gov Signs “SLEEP” Act Banning Loud Exhausts

California is a special place....
Yeah yeah, I know, This and that is negative about Cali. I moved here 5 years ago from the south. This place is a bike rider's dream come true! It does not rain 340 days out of the year! The humidity is high right now at 25%. In the summer it stays at 5-7%. You have to experience that to know what I'm talking about. It just feels so good. It can be 98* out with a nice full ballistic riding jacket, good gloves, boots and I'm comfy. I'm in the high desert and only about 10 days in summer that it gets to 108*. I stay in the house using my swamp cooler that cost 1/20th of normal a/c to run and my house stays 75*. But, the bike riding quality, days able to ride, super clean air to breathe! In the south after a ride, I always smelled like a car tailpipe. Not over here. You can literally smell the difference in air quality is so big of a margin compared to other states. Like I said, knock it all you want, this place is a bike rider's dream. I can literally ride almost all year here. I did a ton of research and chose the high desert. No fires, landslides, earthquakes. The biggest shake I get here is the same as an 18 wheeler passing by your house and that only happens 2 times a year. I have to say electricity is 30% higher here and gas prices are about .75 cents more a gallon. Home prices are about $230k for 1500 sq ft built in 2007 and newer on 1/4 acre lots. Now the closer you get to LA, look out! House prices go through the roof. I'm never going back to the south. Once you live here even for a week, you'll want to move here. Now even if you don't ride bikes, outdoor activities are so nice and pleasant. this is where our sweat works correctly and evaporates and keeps you so cool. I rarely have sweat beading and rolling down my face or body. When I was in the south, all the sweating was a cue to drink water. Here, you have to be careful because that cue is almost gone and you could get dehydrated quickly and get in trouble. So I have to remember to drink even if I'm not thirsty or will get in trouble. Completely different weather here. Sorry guys for the long rant. I just like it here so much and want my friends to enjoy the great riding experience I feel EVERY day here, over and out and now let's haul azz yeeee hawwww!

A sport exhaust on a motorbike in germany makes no sense, because...thats ironic i think...they are much quieter than the original ones! You buy a akrapovic for lot of money, and the bike is much quieter.

Do you have access to Euro-spec exhausts that we do not have in the US? Our aftermarket exhausts are all louder than OEM. Nowadays most of the OEM bikes have the identical hardware in the US and Europe too.

The systems for the german market are defintive quieter! If there is a difference to your market, i cant tell you friend. Many tests in magazines and test channels on youtube prove that fact. For example CBR1000RR SC77 from 2017, is banished from all racetracks in germany if you drive the stock system. If you install the Akrapovic Exhaust, the Bike is much more quieter, then they allow it.

But if you switch to the complete system, Exhaust and Mainfold (without catalyst)..then its not allowed to drive on normal Streets. Without DB Killer likewise. When i often watch the videos from Moore Mafia.....with the full systems, with O2-Eliminator, without catalyst, without DB killer, normal street bikes, i really envy you US guys! In germany? No chance to survive that one day! The police will hunt you and confiscate your bike immediately.

Yeah yeah, I know, This and that is negative about Cali. I moved here 5 years ago from the south. This place is a bike rider's dream come true! It does not rain 340 days out of the year! The humidity is high right now at 25%. In the summer it stays at 5-7%. You have to experience that to know what I'm talking about. It just feels so good. It can be 98* out with a nice full ballistic riding jacket, good gloves, boots and I'm comfy. I'm in the high desert and only about 10 days in summer that it gets to 108*. I stay in the house using my swamp cooler that cost 1/20th of normal a/c to run and my house stays 75*. But, the bike riding quality, days able to ride, super clean air to breathe! In the south after a ride, I always smelled like a car tailpipe. Not over here. You can literally smell the difference in air quality is so big of a margin compared to other states. Like I said, knock it all you want, this place is a bike rider's dream. I can literally ride almost all year here. I did a ton of research and chose the high desert. No fires, landslides, earthquakes. The biggest shake I get here is the same as an 18 wheeler passing by your house and that only happens 2 times a year. I have to say electricity is 30% higher here and gas prices are about .75 cents more a gallon. Home prices are about $230k for 1500 sq ft built in 2007 and newer on 1/4 acre lots. Now the closer you get to LA, look out! House prices go through the roof. I'm never going back to the south. Once you live here even for a week, you'll want to move here. Now even if you don't ride bikes, outdoor activities are so nice and pleasant. this is where our sweat works correctly and evaporates and keeps you so cool. I rarely have sweat beading and rolling down my face or body. When I was in the south, all the sweating was a cue to drink water. Here, you have to be careful because that cue is almost gone and you could get dehydrated quickly and get in trouble. So I have to remember to drink even if I'm not thirsty or will get in trouble. Completely different weather here. Sorry guys for the long rant. I just like it here so much and want my friends to enjoy the great riding experience I feel EVERY day here, over and out and now let's haul azz yeeee hawwww!
I think what they are doing there might become a sort of model for many places....there will have to be adjustments made for individual areas but the concept will be followed.

The term "California Emissions" reaches all the way up here in Canada.

You are going to see more and more of this sort of thing as citizens are getting sick and tired of all the extremely loud exhausts....something has sparked the reason for this to be signed...

When I was in Alberta Canada, the police had DB detectors on their cars and were pulling people over left and right (mostly Harleys).

I'm even getting sick and tired of hearing all these loud exhausts making a racket.....just this morning I was at a light and a guy in a pickup ahead of me had such a loud exhaust, I couldn't hear my stereo...pretty bad when I have to turn up the volume just to hear over his truck...
Actually exhausts like Yoshimura and Akrapovic are not very loud but have a nice crisp sound. It is SC project, Austin Racing, Racefit, Flowmaster and many like those which are excessively loud and irritating to others on the road and in their offices and homes which has resulted in a blanket ban.

Actually exhausts like Yoshimura and Akrapovic are not very loud but have a nice crisp sound. It is SC project, Austin Racing, Racefit, Flowmaster and many like those which are excessively loud and irritating to others on the road and in their offices and homes which has resulted in a blanket ban.
I think (at least here) motorcycles such as the metric and HD cruisers are the issue along with the very loud pick ups and tuner cars....

Probably wouldn't have become a huge issue if these people weren't into the throttle everywhere they go...

I'll stay over here in Nevada, they don't even chase red light runners, or texting while driving, let alone stop me for an exhaust.:thumbsup:

You guys just move here, and then we'll go over to California and ride all of their great roads with Nevada plates. Either that or I will register all of you in Nevada and send you the plates and then you will be free of your local restrictions.:p

Last edited:
jealous doesn’t even start to describe after reading this.
your one lucky fella. Got room for an Aussie?

I'll stay over here in Nevada, they don't even chase red light runners, or texting while driving, let alone stop me for an exhaust.:thumbsup:

You guys just move here, and then we'll go over to California and ride all of their great roads with Nevada plates. Either that or I will register all of you in Nevada and send you the plates and then you will be free of your local restrictions.:p
What's the mortality rate for traffic accidents there?

Back