Now for the lowering part

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I got the Bar Riser / Lowering Block installed, Couple little things to watch out for if your going to do this,

#1 My high idle cable was not quite long enough to just place the block under the triple tree, Had to remove ( easy ) also had to remove the Front brake line hose bracket from the lower clamp on the forks.

High idle cable went right back on once block installed, I think the bracket for the brake line will to once the bike is lowered.

My question is this I plan on lowering the front about 1" would it be better to loosen the two bolts on the lower clamp and then loosen the one on the top clamp, ( Tighten / Loosen / Tighten / Loosen until I find the right height or is there a better way.

I loosened all of them at the same time,right side slid through pretty easy tightened that side up but had to pin the front brake and push the front down a bunch of times.Didnt think it would ever come out to where the other one was.:banghead:

But it was worth it:thumbsup:

one other thing you want to do is before you start lowering, put a pencil mark on each fork leg right above the top clamp so that they are lowered exactly the same on each side. install the spacers and tighten them down, then loosen both lower clamps completely. then do one of the upper clamps slowly until its also completely loose. then do the other side until the upper legs slide up to where you want them. then retighten all the clamps down to 16.5 ft.lbs. if you go all the way be sure the nylon rings on top of the forks are still in place. I'm guessing you already have an adjustable kickstand:thumbsup: And of course:rulez: we want pics. Good luck Mike:thumbsup:

Back