Soupys installed

Shaggy

Registered
I installed my rear lowering links today. Love it. Am having problems with the front though. I have done search after search trying to find a detailed thread showing how to hold the front of the bike while loosening the clamps. im sure there is one, just can't find it. Went ahead and installed the handlebar riser but didn't lower it. Anyone have some info on lowering the triple tree? Would be greatly appreciated.
621342cb-2128-498b.jpg

Front triple tree stand. Easiest way I know of. I guess you could "hang" it from the garage and do it that way??

I didnt hang mine at all for the front, i just loosened 3 screws all the way the gently loosened the fourth till it started sliding through and tighten as needed to act as a brake.

I didnt hang mine at all for the front, i just loosened 3 screws all the way the gently loosened the fourth till it started sliding through and tighten as needed to act as a brake.

That will work if your lucky and it slides. Mine didn't slide, it took little hops.

I took the side plastics off and put a floor jack under the motor area for support if needed. Then loosened the bolts enough to slide the front down(tubes up). Had my brother there to help keep bike balanced and such at all times. Wasn't very difficult at all. Marked the tubes with a marker as a point of reference before I slid the tubes up. Slid them up and then backed them off just a tad so they didn't touch the top clamp plate to lessen the chance of vibration to the hands while riding.

This type of jack I used...

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-super-heavy-duty-floor-jack-34271.html

loosen the bolts. Hit the triple clamp with a mallet. If it goes too low, hit the the fork with the mallet and it will come back up. Just gently tap it to get it just right. No need for big wacks with the mallot.

Just figured I'd let tell how I put this spacer in. Not sure why I didn't think of it before.
In the stock configuration, the forks seat against the bottom of the handlebars with only a plastic washer separating them. So, I removed the handlebars, installed the spacer, reinstalled the handlebars as if I was just using it as a riser, then loosened the fork clamps and let the forks slide until they stopped. Retightened the clamps and I was finished. That easy. No supporting the weight of the bike. Hope this helps.

Back