No more Twinkies!!!!!

We have a Hostess outlet store 1 block from our store and you can't get in the parking lot. I predict the warehouse will be empty of all ding dongs and twinkies soon. You should have seen the gals carting them to their cars.

That sucks!! I just had a ding dong an hour ago. I should've ate it slower since it'll probably be my last one :-(

can someone tell me how long will they last if i go buy bunch and put in freezer?? should be good for few years at least unless my freezer go out!:laugh:

Don't they make the fruit pies too? The half-moon shaped, cherry, apple, blueberry, glazed goodness? Full of calories, sugar, fat.....yum yum! But yea, gotta get to the hostess outlet store....I'll get some bread too!

Yep, found a picture!

hostess_fruit_pies.jpg

I knew better than to click this thread.

All the generalizing and union bashing gets old. Everytime a unionized company fails you all jump on it like a ***** in heat, I can't believe it's only unionized companies that fail. When a union company fails its the union, blame obama, when a non union company fails, it's the economy, blame obama. No wonder obama is in office for 4 more years. Without unions you would still be in serfdom, where this country is headed btw. Get ready for a union resurgence, the times of getting a fair wage are going wayside to personal greed at the top.

Hostess doesn't make moon pies, do they?

:please:

Good news for you, Bots. Your beloved MoonPies are made by Chattanooga Bakery. They are privately owned and doing very well with lots of happy employees. :thumbsup:

I knew better than to click this thread.

All the generalizing and union bashing gets old. Everytime a unionized company fails you all jump on it like a ***** in heat, I can't believe it's only unionized companies that fail. When a union company fails its the union, blame obama, when a non union company fails, it's the economy, blame obama. No wonder obama is in office for 4 more years. Without unions you would still be in serfdom, where this country is headed btw. Get ready for a union resurgence, the times of getting a fair wage are going wayside to personal greed at the top.

Maybe the company was going to fail anyway. But only in a unionized company could the employees have forced the company to close. They should have broke the union and hired independent workers, then the free market (the wage people are willing to work for vs. the wage that an employer is willing to pay) has a chance.

From what I read, the Teamsters crossed but the plant workers would rather take it down the tubes.

Having said all this, I suspect there's a buyer out there who will buy the names, but doesn't mean these people will every get their jobs back. 1/2 a job is better than NO job.

Maybe the company was going to fail anyway. But only in a unionized company could the employees have forced the company to close. They should have broke the union and hired independent workers, then the free market (the wage people are willing to work for vs. the wage that an employer is willing to pay) has a chance.

From what I read, the Teamsters crossed but the plant workers would rather take it down the tubes.

Having said all this, I suspect there's a buyer out there who will buy the names, but doesn't mean these people will every get their jobs back. 1/2 a job is better than NO job.

If your employer threatened to cut your wages to below unemployment what fear would you have? You have nothing to lose, either you get your money or you lose your job and find another one?

So they shouldve allowed the corporation to take and take? While I understand most peoples gripes with unions, I have them for my own, the world isn't black and white. Maybe true only a union coudlve made them file bankrupcy, only a non union company can fool people into working for less than unemployment and be happy about it.

I'm a proud man, I'm sure like yourself, I would rather work than take any gov money, I have in the past and never intended for any of it to be long term and none of it was. But the idea that people should take whatever wage they can get is driving more and more people to the welfare line, not away from it. Until we can stand up against companies whoring out to get the cheapest labor for the biggest mark up then we are only hurting ourselves.

Driving down prices = driving down wages = driving down freedom

Keep job til you find a better one.

If Unemployment is more than prevailing wages there is a systemic problem distorting the free market.

If people vote to end their employment (quit) they should get no government benefits (my tax money).

"Driving down prices = driving down wages = driving down freedom"

Taking food from my kids mouth to pay for striking (now unemployed) workers is infringing on my freedom, the sense of entitlement if threatening all our freedom.

If your employer threatened to cut your wages to below unemployment what fear would you have? You have nothing to lose, either you get your money or you lose your job and find another one?

So they shouldve allowed the corporation to take and take? While I understand most peoples gripes with unions, I have them for my own, the world isn't black and white. Maybe true only a union coudlve made them file bankrupcy, only a non union company can fool people into working for less than unemployment and be happy about it.

I'm a proud man, I'm sure like yourself, I would rather work than take any gov money, I have in the past and never intended for any of it to be long term and none of it was. But the idea that people should take whatever wage they can get is driving more and more people to the welfare line, not away from it. Until we can stand up against companies whoring out to get the cheapest labor for the biggest mark up then we are only hurting ourselves.

Driving down prices = driving down wages = driving down freedom

Keep job til you find a better one.

If Unemployment is more than prevailing wages there is a systemic problem distorting the free market.

If people vote to end their employment (quit) they should get no government benefits (my tax money).

"Driving down prices = driving down wages = driving down freedom"

Taking food from my kids mouth to pay for striking (now unemployed) workers is infringing on my freedom, the sense of entitlement if threatening all our freedom.

I agree with finding a better job first, things dont always work out perfectly though in real life. Sometimes you lose your job in process if bargaining, union or not.

Forcing people to work for a wage that requires government assistance to live creates a welfare class.

it's obvious you have no idea how unemployment works.

Quiting a job and collecting unemployment (tax money we borrow from future generations), = is taking more taxes from me now and our kids later when they have to pay back the borrowing with interest = taking food from them.

Back