No more backfiring RS-3 owners

If you wouldn't mind, can you take out the soccer ball and stuff in a marble and see if you notice the weight difference??
LOL

It worked like a charm. I revved her up high in multpile gears, let off, and coasted without a single backfire. That plastic soccerball has now fulfilled a much more noble purpose in life than sitting in the bottom of my son's toybox.

that's a funny tread
laugh.gif

If you wouldn't mind, can you take out the soccer ball and stuff in a marble and see if you notice the weight difference?? [/QUOTE]

laugh.gif
...Thats a good one

...I have ordered myself the PAIR block kit, but this idea seems whole lot more easier to do. Thank you givinr

Nice little mod, cheap too, but I have no backfiring at all with the PAIR intact and a new set of RS-3's on the bike.

rock.gif

Nice little mod, cheap too, but I have no backfiring at all with the PAIR intact and a new set of RS-3's on the bike.

rock.gif
You might want to go to a dealer that has a Yosh box and do the appropriate adjustments. My bike was backfiring like crazy and the pair valve "marble mod" cleaned it right up, even the sputtering on deceleration is nil now. Yet a friend of mine still needed the yosh box to get his 100% right it, it got alot better, but still wasn't completely backfore free. I believe most of the yoshimura adjustments for the rs-3's call for about a -5% adjustment on low/mid/high.  

Hope this helps.
Givinr

Ooops after reading the post I am replying to, i realized he "WASN"T" backfiring, I read it the wrong way. I better get my mom to enroll me in Sylvan learning centres reading program.

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: "I am as dislexic as Theo Huxtable..."|1113837739 -->

rock.gif
You might want to go to a dealer that has a Yosh box and do the appropriate adjustments. My bike was backfiring like crazy and the pair valve "marble mod" cleaned it right up, even the sputtering on deceleration is nil now. Yet a friend of mine still needed the yosh box to get his 100% right it, it got alot better, but still wasn't completely backfore free. I believe most of the yoshimura adjustments for the rs-3's call for about a -5% adjustment on low/mid/high.  

Hope this helps.
Givinr

Ooops after reading the post I am replying to, i realized he "WASN"T" backfiring, I read it the wrong way. I better get my mom to enroll me in Sylvan learning centres reading program.
there are better things than a Yosh box (OLD technology)but ya'll think I am stupid and lame find them out for yourself

rock.gif

Hope this helps.
Givinr

there are better things than a Yosh box (OLD technology)but  ya'll think I am stupid and lame find them out for yourself
Johnnycheese, I do not think you are stupid, but i think you have completely missed the entire point of my thread. Many of us find that the stock performance of the bike is adequate, therefore we do not need to add horsepower, or reduce weight.

In stock trim there is only a handful of vehicles on the planet that will eclipse the stock digits of the bike already posts. Had I been going for an all out horsepower assault, I would not have bothered with a low grade "begginer" bolt on can. I would have a bought platinum headered, ceramic filled, exhaust system built out of "unobtainium" by NASA's JPL labratatories, and made sure they were packed in the feathers of spotted burrowing owls when they were shipped if I was after big performace. If that was my game I would probably have started a new thread by now about the 13" turbo I scavenged off of an amtrack deisel locomotive to add 400lbs of boost and be bragging about my 1.4 second quarter mile. All I wanted the bike to sound cool, enter RS-3's, bike backfiring...annoying. Thats it, thats all. I just wanted to post the fix so guys like me, can save a few bucks, and get rid of what seems to be a common problem which I now have learned isn't isolated to just the RS-3's.

So just for clarificattion, I am not spending my spare hours curled in the corner of my bedroom, rocking back and forth, picking a hole in my face chanting "gotta go faster, so people will like me more" to the melody of "Mary had a little lamb" I just wanted a cheap fix to the backfiring problem. As far as the Yosh box thing goes, yes, you are right, there are better fixes to that one, but at the end of the day, i am not interested in a power commander, because I don't wan't to spend the money, and only 2 of the five dyno's I have in my garage give an accurate reading, so I would never know what my real horsepower is anyway. So don't take offense Johnny, this just wasn't a "performance" thread, that is all.

I'm a new 'Busa owner with the RS-3 cans and have the backfire problem. On the "marble" mod--is that all you do? Do you leave the vacuum line from the throttle body in place?

Also, I read where you could take the crankcase breather tube that goes to the airbox, and route it to the PAIR valve, and then just disconnect and plug the existing airbox hose that goes to the PAIR valve. Is that an effective option?

I'm a new 'Busa owner with the RS-3 cans and have the backfire problem.  On the "marble" mod--is that all you do?  Do you leave the vacuum line from the throttle body in place?

Also, I read where you could take the crankcase breather tube that goes to the airbox, and route it to the PAIR valve, and then just disconnect and plug the existing airbox hose that goes to the PAIR valve.  Is that an effective option?
no that won't work

I'm a new 'Busa owner with the RS-3 cans and have the backfire problem.  On the "marble" mod--is that all you do?  Do you leave the vacuum line from the throttle body in place?

Also, I read where you could take the crankcase breather tube that goes to the airbox, and route it to the PAIR valve, and then just disconnect and plug the existing airbox hose that goes to the PAIR valve.  Is that an effective option?
For the 10 imutes it takes to shove a marble down that hose, just try it and see if it cures the problem. If that stops the backfiring, then removing the pair valve entirely and installing the blocker plates will work as well. Which I guess is a good point for anyone considering the plates.... Do the "marble mod" first, just to make sure that the backfiring issue is indeed being caused by the pair valve. If the backfiring is still there, your problems are something else, and you may have to look at a yosh box adjustment, or the PC option as suggested by Johnnycheese.

I just wanted to send out public props to Johnnycheese, looking at the thread it looks as if I am dissing him, which is not the case. I have read a lot of his posts and it is obvious that he has a ton of great knowledge and exceptional input to add to the forums. All I know is how to stuff a marble down a rubber hose and I almost got that wrong lol. If it wasn't for the owners manual I would probably still be thinking the FI light on the dash was some trick Formula one mode indicator that came on when I would be outpacing an F1 car... ok I am not that dumb.. but you get the point. Anyway, My cynical bullshit hits anyone in the line of fire square in between the eyes, and sometimes it is taken the wrong way.

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114018239 -->

I believe most of the yoshimura adjustments for the rs-3's call for about a -5% adjustment on low/mid/high.  [/QUOTE]
I have Yosh cans and last service had a K&N air filter installed.
The guys at the shop convinced me to let them have a go with their Yosh box.
They set my ecm -5% on the fuel and now its snatchy at low rpm and is hard to start on cold mornings.

JC was good enough to hook me up with a PCIIIusb for a good price.

After I install it the bike will be going to a tuning shop with one of the best reputations in the country.

http://www.sandrpro.com/

I think the old saying "Do it ONCE, do it properly" has finally sunk into my thick skull!

Not a bad little marble demo thread, might get off my ass and do it this afternoon while giving the old girl a clean.

Cheers
Ross

I believe most of the yoshimura adjustments for the rs-3's call for about a -5% adjustment on low/mid/high.  
I have Yosh cans and last service had a K&N air filter installed.
The guys at the shop convinced me to let them have a go with their Yosh box.
They set my ecm -5% on the fuel and now its snatchy at low rpm and is hard to start on cold mornings.

JC was good enough to hook me up with a PCIIIusb for a good price.

After I install it the bike will be going to a tuning shop with one of the best reputations in the country.

http://www.sandrpro.com/

I think the old saying "Do it ONCE, do it properly" has finally sunk into my thick skull!

Not a bad little marble demo thread, might get off my ass and do it this afternoon while giving the old girl a clean.

Cheers
Ross[/QUOTE]
Email me your address agin the post office said it is not right, Just got it back

I have a large stash of "Unobtainium". PM me if you need some.

p.s. I think the marble thing rocks.

Johnnycheese  IS A WANKER NEVER HAS ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY
heres someone with something good to say?? he's got a whole 1 posts and he knows you JC! Anyway I like the marble idea and anyone that thinks JC hasn't contributed to this foum is an ass. The man knows his stuff .

Back