No more backfiring RS-3 owners

givinr

Registered
Just installed the yosh RS-3 bolt on race baffle system on my bike... and as cool as the spewing flames looked... the backfiring...well lets just say a ride through Harlem wouldn't be wise.. liable to start a gang war. So after some research I found 2 ways to fix this problem that seems to be very common...

Method 1: buy the pair valve eliminator kit for 200 bones and spend hours of valuable goat shaving time installing it...if you honestly think shaving 4.5 pounds will make you king of the street, buy the kit... but I just as soon take a good dump before my ride to save this weight, plus what feels better than a good belt loop moving bowl movement.

Method 2: go to your local toys 'r' us and splurge 2 bucks for a bag of marbles with the exact same net anti-flame spewing backfire effect.

I know a good portion of you guys are extremely technically apt, but for those of us that need directions to install a 60 watt light bulb, i think this will save valuable time, frustration and especially money that ultimately will end up in the dealers pocket.

So here we go....Step 1:
remove seat

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113059751 -->

step_1.JPG

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Step 2: Remove 2 tank bolts at front of tank</span>

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113026708 -->

step_2.JPG

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Step 3:
prop tank with prop rod under "rear hump"....that reminds me, i gotta hook up with the girlfriends mom tonight...</span>

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113026747 -->

tank_prop.JPG

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>step 4: Disconnect pair valve hose... aka "Sputtery Mcbackfire"</span>

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113026778 -->

step_4.JPG

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Step 5: Insert marble.. chrome "look" marbles are preffered to impress your friends and add to your "cool factor"</span>

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113027086 -->

step_5.JPG

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Step 6: reconnect hose and impress local teenage girls with the enormous bulging hose you have!!</span>

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113026845 -->

finished.JPG

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Step 7: Pat your self on back for your frugal penny pinching ways, and enjoy living without the fear of some gangsta Mofo spraying you full of lead when your Busa backfires next to his slammed Escalade with 58" spinners on it.</span>

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113026930 -->

2004_1225Image0026.JPG

Does seem to be much easier and less expensive, but I don't want to miss out on putting those cute block-off plates on!
laugh.gif

You rock! Now this is a mod I can handle. Thanks for the idea... I really didn't want to take the time to disassemble the whole front end to install the block-off plates. I'll take your dump suggestion to shave the extra weight.
laugh.gif

the Pair block off plates are not 200.00.
but let me guess where you got the marble Idea
and it is 2.5 # of weight

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113060763 -->

the Pair block off plates are not 200.00.
but let me guess where you got the marble Idea
and it is 2.5 #  of weight
I never claimed this to be my own Idea, and this was passed on to me by a friend of mine who wrenches at a Suzuki/Yamaha dealer, according to him, this marble trick works on everything fromYamaha Silverado 1600's to Hayabusa's, so it is not like this is the discovery of "unobtanium" or something.... I found no detailed explanation of the proccess on the website, and I am just trying to help the guys out that are like myself, and not spending every waking moment of my free time studying Suzuki technical diagrams, trying to extract an extra 0.00736 horsepower and drop my "1/4" by another nano second...

I was just pissed that the stupid thing was backfiring everytime I geared down. Plus my time is valuable to me, and in the time it took me to do this was less time than it would have taken me to gear up and ride to my local Suzi Dealer.

And in regards to the weight.. I thought it was 4 and a half lbs... but now I can rest easy knowing that I will only have to tkae a 2.5 pound dump before I go for my next ride...way less pressure, both psychologically and physically!!

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113068366 -->

Law suit
rock.gif
Do we have a patent infringement ?  
laugh.gif
lmao... if Johnnycheese wants credit for the marble idea... let him have it.. I would rather patent the my "dump" idea.. i think it covers a way larger demographic, my only concern is how do i get the guys wearing colostomy bags to anti up my patent fees??
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This was by far the easiest mod I've ever done.
smile.gif
The hardest part was tearing apart my kids rooms looking for a marble! They are always kicking around under foot until you actually need one. Anyway, I never did find a marble, but instead found a great use for this small plastic soccer ball I pillaged from some miniature toy set. My son will never know it's gone! I'm sure my Busa will be even faster than givinr's now since I saved at least an ounce of weight going with the plastic soccer ball over a glass marble. It's up to the jury however to decide who has the most impressive bulge.

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

This was by far the easiest mod I've ever done.  
smile.gif
  The hardest part was tearing apart my kids rooms looking for a marble!  They are always kicking around under foot until you actually need one.  Anyway, I never did find a marble, but instead found a great use for this small plastic soccer ball I pillaged from some miniature toy set.  My son will never know it's gone!  I'm sure my Busa will be even faster than givinr's now since I saved at least an ounce of weight going with the plastic soccer ball over a glass marble.  It's up to the jury however to decide who has the most impressive bulge.

www.warrenbrown.com images missing
warbrown.. you have me beat. you better patent that soccer ball or Johnnycheese may try and claim to be the inventor of the ball... perhaps the game of soccer itself... anyhow, have you noticed a difference in backfire reduction?? mine is night and day. And yes you sport a far more impressive bulge... thats ok, I am ordering a longer pair valve hose for mine.. I think the local teenage girls will be far more impressed with a big hose than big balls...

If you wouldn't mind, can you take out the soccer ball and stuff in a marble and see if you notice the weight difference??

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113094856 -->

Back