NO Busas!

archeryblackdog

Registered
Hello to all.

I am not a very contributing member but I do hang out here alot, learning from people that I deed have some knowlage to share.
beerchug.gif

cool.gif

Well in this ocasion I do have sothing that I like to share with you all.

I can not say that is Busa related as a matter of fact is the lack of Busas!!!

I just returned from a 2 week vacation in Madrid (Spain) as an avid motorclyst I was thrilled by the huge ammount of 2 wheelers I saw everywhere.. An I am not talking about the run boys cheap bikes, on the contraire very good ones.
race.gif

Bikes are parked everywere, In the street in the Plazas in the Walk ways Some times you can see 2 or 3 bikes together, some others there must be arround 50 of them...all good units.
super.gif

I have seen some very interesting bikes of which I will post pictures today.

Now here comes What I found to be really courious: off all the thousands of bikes that I saw, there must have been split as follows:

1)   Eropean Scooters (Vespas).........25%
2)   Japanese Scooters......................20%
3)   Japanese Sport or Race Bikes.....25%
4)   Eropean Sport or Race Kikes.......10%
5)   Eropean Enduro Bikes.................15%
6)  Japanese Crusser bikes.................4%
7)  Harleys..........................................1%
8)  Hayabusas....................................0%

That is rigth I saw literally tousands of bikes, among them I sam 04 sportsters from Harley and I saw 0 Hayabusas, non, nada, zip!

Any Idea why?

I can comment that I did some hwy driving in a little sports car, and I had bikes passing me at over 140 mph all the time so they do like their speed, but they do not have any Busas,,,Why?

Some pictures will follow

I think it's pretty hard to get licensed to drive a bike with that high a displacement. It also explains why you don't see many Harley's there.

I bet if you rethink it based on CC's, you'll find that there are't very many bikes over a certain displacement.

Just a possibility.

--Wag--

Cost of parts, availability, etc. I used to know some riders in Mexico, and they couldnt get parts for their bikes unless they knew someone in the states that could ship it to them.

Same thing happened to me in Germany a couple of years ago. I get off the plane in Hamburg go the the rental car pickup and there is a Busa there outside the parking garage. I saw hundreds of bikes in the week I was there, but not another Busa.

Although I am not sure, but I wonder about the distribution rates of those bikes in the European markets as well.

Granted I would be surprised that the didn't have a lot of them, but are they distributed as much over there?

Busa's, ZX 14's and the like are a Mainly American market Bike ! Narrow streets, the need for quick right, left turns, traffic on narrow streets and the Busa's weight would make it a PIG in some of their situations. Plus their Tax and Insurance based on displacement is HUGE  
SHOCKED.gif
! We just got it sooooooo Great Here and fewer and fewer people I hear
argue.gif
appreciate it  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Oct. 03 2007,14:54) Busa's, ZX 14's and the like are a Mainly American market Bike ! Narrow streets, the need for quick right, left turns, traffic on narrow streets and the Busa's weight would make it a PIG in some of their situations. Plus their Tax and Insurance based on displacement is HUGE  
SHOCKED.gif
! We just got it sooooooo Great Here and fewer and fewer people I hear
argue.gif
 appreciate it  
beerchug.gif
I agree
wink.gif

according to my local honda dealer, there are a number of countries with displacement/hp restrictions as well as laws against "tuning"

Not sure which or how many but he said it is an issue. (maybe some dealers on the board know more?)

I saw the same thing when the Busa first came out in 98'. One point was each dealer was only allowed one of each color for a while. Then as pointed out before is insurance.

Now here dealers can get more units in to sell. Insurance on the other hand is a rip off. I pay you in case something happens, but when something happens you increase my premiums. **** I may as well take out a loan for that amount that you cover me for and if something happens I use it to pay and if not I get to keep the money. With insurance companies if nothing happens who keeps the money? You got it! They do. It is the biggest con in history.

I was charge $745 to start a policy back in 2001 for my bike. My premiums started at $1700 a year then after one claim went to $2100 when they payed out $1700. The greatest thing since sliced bread is when Suzuki and Kawasaki decided to F*&k the insurance companies and give the option to carry full coverage. Let's see $10-$30 for liability or $2k for full. Hum I can save that $2k a year towards a new bike. Bingo! When that happened big boys started poping up every where here. Not to mention the used market. Pay cash and you have the option again.

I had a case where my auto insurance increased. I asked why and the agent told me that I had a accident on my bike where an "estimated" $2k amount of damage was caused, $500 to be exact and I payed out of pocket. I did'nt even make a claim and they based this off a police report. They felt the need to increase my premium $50 a month and I felt the need to drop it $80, can you say liablity B$%ch. Do you own the vehicle? They love to ask that! Yes! and drop it down to liablity. Now. She turned so red, it was a joy for me. Some people say but hey if you have a accident you will be out of a vehicle. Not. Saving that kind of money, hell I can buy another.
guns.gif

(bogusLogon @ Oct. 04 2007,16:10) according to my local honda dealer, there are a number of countries with displacement/hp restrictions as well as laws against "tuning"

Not sure which or how many but he said it is an issue.  (maybe some dealers on the board know more?)
True, and yes the insurance on a big bore bike is a fortune in the EU.

Insurance costs mad grip on a Busa or a 14 in Western Europe. Italy has a no mod law in place. I saw a few ZX-12s in Southern Italy for sale in the MotoMarket magazine but nothing bigger than a 1000 on the street. I rented a CBR1000RR in Milan and had a lot of fun hitting the limiter on the AutoStrada.

2006 Hayabusa + CDL + Clean Driving record + 48 year old + State Farm Ins = $244 per year for full coverage (old has its advantages)

Back