Went to Americade for the day, should have kept riding

RX1Jim

Registered
I took a day trip to Americade yesterday, nobody to ride with so I thought I would set a destination and ride to it using mostly "backroads: main county roads, no highways like the NY State Thruway. The trip was a total of 400 miles for me, got to ride some nice scenic roads although it seems like everyone who wanted to drive 20 MPH below the speed limit was in front of me, at least for onlya minute or two. Weather was perfect during the day, a bit chilly riding home. Got to Lake George to experience Americade, never been there before. Like typical bike gatherings, chock full of obnoxiously loud Harleys, making tons of noise and going 5 MPH. Parked the Busa among a herd of Harleys took a walk around downtown Lake George. They had a bunch of vendors but as usual, very little for sport bike riders, most vendors catered to the Harley crowd. The number of bad-ass wanna-be posers was incredible, most of the "riders" were wearing the sharp leather vests with all the bad-ass patch and pins with the clever sayings on how tough they are. Same crap that I have seen in Laconia during bike week. Anyway, hung around for about 2 hours, saw some really nice cafe racers based on Triumph and Norton bikes, saw only 2 other Busas and maybe a dozens sport bikes then took a different route home. It was a good ride, great weather, no problems, no close calls except I came across one very long steel deck bridge, man I hate those things, the bike feels so squirrely on the steel deck and had to ride about 5 miles of a chopped up grooved up road (route 17) that they ae grinding down to resurface. Same squirrely feeling on that surface. Busa ran perfect, good gas mileage, an ocasional run to triple digits just to clean the carbon out. I wish there was an event that catered to sport bike riders, sure would be more interesting. Sorry, I don't have any pictures, did not have my camera with me.

Jim

yea I hate then f-en metal bridges too. they always feel squarely to me too. ur not that far from me. yea them Harleys are so annoying. I jus don't get the joy in owning one of them and they all look the same. seen one seen em all. but obviously we are in the minority cause they seem to make up 80% of the bikes I see on the road every day.

lol yea all the wanna-be 1%ers... lmao. I guess guys like thinking they are HA's with their leather vests with patches on them or some corny bike club they belong to. lol its so gay and I'm usually embarrassed for them actually lol. legends in their own minds.

I'm outside Waterbury CT near 84. maybe we will go for some rides when I get my bike back from powerhouse.

I live two minutes from lake george! Great area lots of scenic routes awful time to come up and enjoy them :banghead: as for americade typical biker gathering I will say the later you stay the more bikes that show up including sport bikes.I was there late last night tons and tons of busa's including a sweet stretched out turbo gen 2 sorry didn't get any pics :whistle:

I'm going to plan out a ride up through the Lake George are then into Vermont then loop around up to Lake Placid and loop around down to The Utica are through the Catskills and home. Make it a 3 day trip so I can take in the scenery of the back roads in the area. Probably the best time to do this is late summer/early fall once the vacation season is over and there will be lower traffic volumes. Why don't we plan on a group ride for members in the region? We have almost 5 months of riding ahead of us. We need a Busa Bash in NY!

Years ago, shortly after I started riding and had my beloved Katana 600, I attended a similar gathering. IIRC, it was Danbury, CT. Once was enough for me. Exactly as you described it. Should've kept riding, LOL

Back