No brainer tire thread

I have sold about 10 sets of the Q2's and the mileage for an aggressive rider has been about 3500 miles!

As for the BT016's they have been about 4500 to 5000 miles! Also i sold 12 sets of those this year!

I have run 2 sets of the BT16s and 1 set of the Q2s. I would buy the Dunlop over the 16s...they don't shed rubber quite like the BT16s.

For street riding when not finishing off a set of track tires I run the Mich PR2s. I have 3 - 4K on a set in the garage and they look nearly new. They are plenty sticky for the street with better milage than a flat out high performance tire. I'll put them back on this winter. Still have one more track weekend for me!

i currently have a mich pilot on front and a shinko on the rear....i just bought the bike so i havent had the time to change but i am going to run the pilots they always served me well in the twisties and the mileage wasnt to bad

You don't get both in the same tire!

Q2's or BT016's are great tires. I'd buy whichever was cheaper.

I have a 16 front and 23 rear on my busa and it works great plus I can double the mileage with the BT023. My thoughts are, I want the front planted and the dual compound BT023 on the rear is plenty good enough to drag a knee in the twisties.

WHAT ? I thought you ONLY ran Shinko's :moon:

Taking the Cycle Gear special on Saturday, only choice is Dunlop Q2, or Bridgestone BT-16.

Want mileage and performance on the street.

Tried to post a poll, but pushed the wrong button.:banghead:

Try Bridgestone 023, Dunlop RoadSmart or Metzler M5 (great all-rounders Sporting Tourers) Also NEW SPORTSMARTS are great too(for the odd track day)!
For mega miles, Shinko 009's.

If you click on the sponsor link you actually don't have to wait until Sat to purchase~!~

You don't get both in the same tire!

Q2's or BT016's are great tires. I'd buy whichever was cheaper.

I have a 16 front and 23 rear on my busa and it works great plus I can double the mileage with the BT023. My thoughts are, I want the front planted and the dual compound BT023 on the rear is plenty good enough to drag a knee in the twisties.

It makes a lot of sense. Sport touring tires does have more than enough grip to scrape, and last almost twice as much. The Q2s and the 16s works better for lighter bikes where they last longer. I've had good mileage and grip with the old Pirelli Diablo Strada.

Back