rear tires

rocktober

Registered
hey i wanta run a 200 dunlop on the rear , but i still have my orig. bridgestone on the front any problems with this set up?

You are not supposed to run mix matched tires, but if you are just a cruiser or straight liner, you will be just fine.

For normal riding you'll be fine...for twisties I don't recommend a 200.

i would agree, if you are going to take twisties or anything but going straight switch out the front tire as well but otherwise should be no problem.
beerchug.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 07 2007,18:04) For normal riding you'll be fine...for twisties I don't recommend a 200.
i thought the same thing until this weekend. It hangs in there. a little more effort on your part, but it'll stick

(rockadaous @ Jan. 07 2007,17:00)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 07 2007,18:04) For normal riding you'll be fine...for twisties I don't recommend a 200.
i thought the same thing until this weekend.  It hangs in there.  a little more effort on your part, but it'll stick
sooner or .................later any tire will make it thru a corner
wink.gif

I don't know but I been told, you can run mixed tires as long as the front is stickier than the rear. For me, however, I don't ride nearly hard enough for it to matter so I mix and match 'em all the time!

Here's a link that might get your blood boilin', Rich. A 190/55 tire for a reasonable price.

http://www.buymoto.com/product_p/pilotpower2ct19055.htm

--Wag--

Back