Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitrous parts order

Speed shop, race fuel store, some welding supply places have it but that’s rare.

A dry kit refers to just spraying nitrous and adding fuel with the tune, a wet kit is as mentioned. Requires extra parts and some more wiring.

I’m looking at another set up again.

Im a fan of a wet-60 stand alone type kit. I know tech has moved on but it’s something I’m quite familiar with, have used a lot and had OK results. A low tech stand alone set up with a 2lb bottle (I prefer 2.5 but this one would need to be hidden) maybe the way I go. I’d probably end up running a 40 shot with a 2lb bottle under a modded hump / tail so nothing huge but well hidden.

How does it add the additional fuel?
Wet systems add in both the fuel and nitrous.

Dry systems use a stock or modded version of the bikes fueling system to supply the extra fuel and only add the nitrous.

Im not sure how much a stock system would cope with or what mods you’d need to go big with dry, whilst I probably wouldn’t go that way I’d certainly be interested.

Wet systems are pretty much unlimited without effecting the normal fueling, the dry ones I have a lot to learn about.

Dry NO2 = more stock location injector: volume / duration / pressure? Cool.

Do you have to pull any ignition timing?

Last edited:
I am running a standalone with Nitrous fuel enrichment
I am running 1910cc of fuel injector per cylinder 1000cc in OEM location and 910cc in Staged injectors above throttle blades

Timing it will pull what I program it to
I have two Full wet Kits sitting that when I swap my Head to my big valve one that is drilled and tapped for foggers I will plumb and install one of them

When I used to run Nitrous a lot I was setting up a nitrogen push system to landspeed
then I went turbo

Gotcha. Currently a second fuel injector above the plates for the hit. Wow. Nearly double the cc. Awesome!

With the big valve head: one fuel and one NO2 injector goes in each intake port? Super swanky.

What is "nitrogen push?"

Must be an incredible management system to bring all this together.

I wish you were closer. Love to see this.

2 stage.jpg

Little is different from Nitrous to turbo
Larger ring gaps
Less compression
HD rods
Forged pistons
Cyl studs
Is there a way to calculate the strength of the engine for certain levels of nitrous / turbo power?

Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom