"Nitro X" re-mapping chip

sounds like snake oil to me.there are many types like these in ebay and with lots of "good" feedback.

Less of a "Chip" more like a "Resistor". Basically fools a "Sensor" into telling the computer to use more fuel. <<<<< simplified explanation. HP's gains? Well not usually.

OH and :welcome:

:welcome:aboard, now check here before you buy into those type of things again.

G'day All,
just joined up last week....
has anyone here heard of and know anything about "Nitro X" re-mapping chips ???
Any/all info would be gratefully received...

M'8, Heres what I found off another forum, I have no idea if its true or not..Good Luck

"The Nitro X Fuel Commander only connects to and modifies the inlet air temperature sensor input to the ECU, unlike the Two Brothers Juice Box which connects to and modifies the ECU's output to fuel injectors. PC3 connects to fuel injectors, inlet temperature sensor, and throttle position sensor... Nitro only has a list of mystery 'maps' to try out and choose from. Not very impressive"

Last edited:
:welcome:aboard

I'm sure you'll pickup alot of information from this site. It may influence your future purchases with products that are more realistic. :thumbsup:

Is it safe to add "Lord Homolufagus" Claims in HP gains as an example of you can't alway believe what you read? :moon:

M'8, Heres what I found off another forum, I have no idea if its true or not..Good Luck
"The Nitro X Fuel Commander connects to and modifies the inlet air temperature sensor input to the ECU"

Thanks valkyriemc,
you did your homework well, :bowdown: you're spot-on with that info...
had recent dyno-run with last tune/service and will do another after install
....will send results if you're interested?
thanks again,
bazman
:beerchug:

Damn 15-20 hp thru stock header/pipes without increasing anything other than what????
sounds like all those other gimmicks folks have on there... a pipe/pc 10-15 hp gain,head/cam package 20-25 hp gain,and you think a chip you install gonna give you that?

Welcome to the org....post a link to ebay auction for us

That does sound quite iffy if you ask me???

I bought something similar a while back for a cage (supposed to add 20hp) and was just a worthless resister with a wire on it. My purchase was definitely a gimic.

"The Nitro X Fuel Commander connects to and modifies the inlet air temperature sensor input to the ECU"

Thanks valkyriemc,
you did your homework well, :bowdown: you're spot-on with that info...
had recent dyno-run with last tune/service and will do another after install
....will send results if you're interested?
thanks again,
bazman
:beerchug:

did you do the dyno run yet ? any resuts ?:easy:

So would you say it works or gimmick.

Looking into the maint manual the IAT sensor will increase fuel and advance timing slightly if the signal is modified to thinking it’s colder. It seems this unit works like a much more simple power commander. Some times simple is better as long as it works, if this unit allows the ECU to monitor a modified signal and not a changed consistent signal it should do what it clams.

Do you have any changes like exhaust that would affect tuning and benefit from this unit?

Hi, new to site. I installed nitro x set on 100% on my 04 busa, stock engine,open murray sidewinder, lowered & stretched, airshifter, gained .24 sec. in 1/4 @3600 ft. elevation. I was gladly surprised.

probably changes timing somehow and takes the limiters out.Cant see 15-20hp gain though if you cant get that with a PC3.Welcome to the board.

That chip just tells the intake air temp sensor its colder than it really is and richens up the fuel. It might help on a machine that is a little lean to start with, but if your bikes properly mapped it'll just drop your gas mileage, maybe lose a little power, and possibly shorten plug life.

Hi, new to site. I installed nitro x set on 100% on my 04 busa, stock engine,open murray sidewinder, lowered & stretched, airshifter, gained .24 sec. in 1/4 @3600 ft. elevation. I was gladly surprised.

Not the best of opener posts... :welcome: none the less. Like big red stated, it only fools the motor. Great in the beginning,but can be harmful later on down the road. Rekindling a 3 year old thread and 1st post. One might suspect a sale pitch. As long as there is people out there who will believe, there will be products to sell!

snake-oil.jpg

Back