Newbie in need of help!

TuFerLife

Registered
Hey guys, glad to be a part of the forum!

I'm posting on behalf of my buddy because he doesnt have a computer, and we have a huge problem! He has a 2000 busa, and we recently put an undertail on his bike. In doing so, we forgot to hook up the keyhole before we put the rear seat cowl back on... Needless to say, we put everything back together and now we can't get back into his rear seat... :banghead:

Has anyone done this before? If so any help would be much appreciated, we don't want to have to cut the thing off if we can keep from it... Thanks for the replies in advance!

Taylor

More have done this than you might think-try doing a search theres actually a thread on how to get back in the tail:thumbsup::welcome:

good heavens, you guys are fast! Thanks for the quick reply's... Were gonna go give it a try tonight, wish me luck!

good luck...oh yeah, :welcome: the the board too :beerchug:

Thanks semi... I was just sittin there looking through the forum, i'm currently subscribed to 600rr.net... But I was looking through just looking at some of the pretty busa's, and I already had 2 replies before I even got done... Haha, you guys are efficient! Thanks again!

Taylor

I just read about this problem not 2 weeks ago. I got my passeger pegs back from powdercoat...and guess what. Stupid! The gen 1 is a little easier to get with the latch on the back of the bracket, I had to use a pick about a foot long with a 90 degree hook on the end for my gen2. But it was easy, just felt like an idiot:laugh:

Welcome, Taylor. Word of advise (warning), post pics of the bike (before the pic nazis swoop in) :)

Welcome to the org. One thing that helps too is putting a piece of tape over the hole where the humps locks in. Do that every time you remove the linkage cable. Glad to have you! :beerchug:

Sounds like a common mistake. I try not to work on my bike too much without supervision. I dont want to learn from mistakes made on my bike. I pay good money to blame someone else if they mess up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wlecome to the org, and tell your buddy who doesnt have a computer we said the same. :rofl::welcome:

The key lastch has happened to me about three times and Ive had my bike for 2 years in june.

Since you put an undertail on it you made it much easier. Remoive the 6 push rivets holding the undertail on, remove the undertail and reach up to release the catch.

Back