New Zero Gravity Sport Touring Install on K8

BusaMen, here are pics of Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen...the third picture shows me laying the old screen on top of the new screen so you can see height difference...there is no way for me to show the vertical change in the screen. The fourth picture shows the little grommet plug that goes into the hole and through the screen. OEM book says only need to remove these two grommets and screen will slip out....NOT TRUE:rofl: These grommets are in there pretty snug. What I had to do because my hands are not that strong was to remove the Upper panel above the instrument display...which of coarse means you need to loosen the bolts on the display so you can pull loose the upper panel...which means you have to take out the lower panel below the instrument panel...I can get that all done in 7-8 minutes now. You have to push from the inside (interior of cockpit) and turn the grommet and as you pull from the outside (mirror side). They will come out without more than a minute-or two of work...to reinstall I put just a little silicon spray on them and it worked like K-Y jelly on a honeymoon..:whistle: Thiry minutes from start to finish...Highly recommend this screen if you are sick of wind blast...2 hip

Interesting! All you now need is an aerial and a flashing light and you can patrol the highway. Oh yes a name change to Chip is also required....

Regards
Pine

Holy hannah, thats a hUUUUUUUUUUGE screen. Def think the MPG will go down. Hell, I think an elephant could ride behind that thing and not feel the breeze blowing in his ears.

Oh good! That means that I will also fit behind the screen!

Pine

I think that one picture is an optical illusion...Maybe the camera angle...it really isn't that big of a screen...yes, it is obviously bigger than the OEM but it is not like what you think...let me post another couple of pics...IMO it does not destroy the image of the bike. I also drive 3 hrs round trip to work so wind blast is a significant factor not only in safety but also in comfort. I have alot of rural roads with little traffic so I can keep bike at 70+:rofl: for quite awhile...and I am late 50's so not as strong as some of you young grasshoppers....ha ha ha...works for me...2hip

Yea the problem is all the old people riding bikes and then wanting the comfort of a Bentley!!

Relax I am 63 and also enjoying my Busa. At 6'3 I have been looking for the ideal screen. Have tried 4 so far but none is perfect. However your new screen looks as a good compromise and I will try one as well.

Thanks for your post.

Up the old People!

Regards
Pine

BusaMen, you guys are just like having a bunch of brothers. I like the barbs...and I see you don't hesitate or give quarter to any prey....ha ha ha...this forum has really good chemistry...glad i found "use" guys...2hip...by the way can someone educate me what it means when you reply "bump" tx,

BusaMen, you guys are just like having a bunch of brothers. I like the barbs...and I see you don't hesitate or give quarter to any prey....ha ha ha...this forum has really good chemistry...glad i found "use" guys...2hip...by the way can someone educate me what it means when you reply "bump" tx,
keeps the thread current.:bump:

I have that screen on my K8 and I love it. Also live in Cali so I have the same canyon winds. I prefer to have the screen reduce my mileage rather than my body. :thumbsup:

If you're riding a Hayabusa are you really worried about MPG/LP100K. Any bike will get better MPG/LP100K than a car. all the screens look good to me. :thumbsup:

You guys can make all the comments you want but this is not a large screen.
Its only slightly larger then the Double Bouble and helps keep some of the wind off my chest.

Check out mine below in both photos - I like it

borregohwy25bikes.jpg

Sorry, it looks huge to me from the front. Especally in the first pic, I know in real life it is not more than a few inches different, but it completely ruins the lines of the bike to me. But its not our opinion that matters, only yours...

UK

Sorry, it looks huge to me from the front. Especally in the first pic, I know in real life it is not more than a few inches different, but it completely ruins the lines of the bike to me. But its not our opinion that matters, only yours...

UK

Well that depends on how you look at the world. I can tell you that being 6'-7' ruins the lines more then a windscreen.

However I am actually faster and slippery now (thru the wind) as the windscreen is helping me cut thru the wind being so tall that I am.

All that red leather has much more drag in the wind at high speeds then you can imagine. So I am actually riding much easier at higher speeds now

So its all good

At 6'6, I get the purpose and function, I just don't like the look, for me anyway... It would be a good mod functionally...

UK

Back