Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windshield

tlpjr1972

Registered
Proud owner of a 2008 Hayabusa 3500 miles Full Yosh dual exhaust system, K&N air filter, and XTRE . New to the forums and already after just a few days I am very impressed with the communities input from mods to simple questions. Now for my first question...
Has anyone installed and used the Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windshield?

What do you like and dont like about the windshield?

How do you feel about handlebar risers?

How high can I go without having issues with wiring or cables?

Should I think about having my ecu flashed or power comander III?

Does anyone know of a good shop with dyno and technican that know how to tune in the Chicagoland/ NW Indiana area?

Thanks in advance for any responces. Hope to get pics up soon... Got to get my led lights and trunk mod done asap....

How tall are you? I am 6'3 and the Touring screen caused too much helmet buffeting.

Save youre money on a PC and do an ecu flash.

Thanks for the reply. Im 6', 175lbs. I guess I will see how the screen works when it gets here. I can go back to stock, might even pick up a double bubble if there is to much helmet buff... Now to find a local shop with a dyno and a technican that can tune/flash the ecu... :)

+1 on the ecu flash, and ditch the TRE.
Bar risers can be 1.5" tall, or .75" tall with heli-bars, still having enough slack in the stock cables. It is advisable to remove the throttle cable bracket on the right/throttle side of the frame in front of the tank with either too.
Reinstall the 8mm head bolt and you'll never notice the bracket missing.
Heli-bars are also nice because they not only raise the bars, but the angle changes. The outside end of the bars is higher.
Myself and several others have had these setups, and now have a Speigler top clamp and dirtbike style bars.
Any of the above is a nice improvement in comfort and does not hinder handling.
I have pics of all if you need them.
:welcome:to the org

Thanks for the reply. Im 6', 175lbs. I guess I will see how the screen works when it gets here. I can go back to stock, might even pick up a double bubble if there is to much helmet buff... Now to find a local shop with a dyno and a technican that can tune/flash the ecu... :)

There's a national list of ecu editor tuners, I'll see if I can find it.

Well if that ain't a Busa owner I dont know what is?

Hasn't even gotten it and already building his wish list :thumbsup:

Welcome.

Don't know on the screen
Have no input on risers
Some here will know a good tuner for you.
Get it flashed. From get go its best way to do it. Flash it on a dyno for perfection.

Enjoy the bike

Proud owner of a 2008 Hayabusa 3500 miles Full Yosh dual exhaust system, K&N air filter, and XTRE . New to the forums and already after just a few days I am very impressed with the communities input from mods to simple questions. Now for my first question...
Has anyone installed and used the Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windshield?
Have one I use for trips (I'm 6'1") but keep the double bubble on most of the time cause it looks better in my opinion.

What do you like and dont like about the windshield?
Doesn't look like it belongs on the bike.

How do you feel about handlebar risers?
One of the best mods for comfort I have done.

How high can I go without having issues with wiring or cables?
I have 1.5 inch risers with no issues.

Should I think about having my ecu flashed or power comander III?
ECU flash, it lets you do far more like remove the top speed limiter.:thumbsup:

Does anyone know of a good shop with dyno and technican that know how to tune in the Chicagoland/ NW Indiana area?
No i do not.

Thanks in advance for any responces. Hope to get pics up soon... Got to get my led lights and trunk mod done asap....

:welcome:

Pics would be great of the handle bars you suggested. I haven't even put 10 miles on the bike and can tell my wrist will be suffering in long rides...LOL. I just got done modding a Craftsmen high chair backrest onto the back of the bike for the wife and wow it actually looks alright... LMAO The biggest gripe my wife had was it didn't have a back rest... It will only be installed when she wants to go for a ride... Hope to get pics up in a few days with all the mod.... Thanks again and look forward to checking out the ecu list... Google time :laugh:

@ blanca busa :) Not a wishlist more like my purchasing list...LOL Switching out tires next week with the Michelin Pilot Power. Once i get the ecu flashed time for an air shifter :)

I have the ZG Sport Touring screen (also have the DB). I am 5'10" (30-in inseam) and the ST screen works perfectly for me. However, the DB works equally well for me also but I prefer the ST for really long trips.

I am 5'8 and have done the Helibar mod as well. I went with the DB and like someone else said it did give me a lot of head buffering so I went back to the stock one. I went with the Tobin seat and buel peg mod but the seat seems to be getting to hard after 5 or so years. Best of luck on what you decide and :welcome: to the org.

I installed the Helibar riser and the Genmar 3/4 a few weeks ago and I like it. The Genmar also aloud me to lower it 3/4". Though I haven't ridden much since I installed them I still noticed a difference compared to stock.

Back