New texting law in MO

S-R Racing

Registered
This is one of the best laws they have passed in years-You can no longer text while driving, the only bad part is it that it only applies to 18 and under, should apply to all. In a related incident in St. Joesph MO, just today-a 25 yr old man totaled 2 police cars while on a traffic stop, one of the officers just got back in her car and had to be cut out of the wreck. The dash-cam shows about 3 seconds later,she would have been killed. The driver was texting and hit both cars, he was also charged with DUI. I still dont get the whole texting BS anyway- why push all those buttons when you can in most cases dial just 7 numbers and push send and say in 30 seconds or less everything you need to say instead of typing. Most phones also have voice command which in that case I just push 1 button and tell my phone who to call without ever without ever taking my eyes off the road:rulez: If I ever get hit by someone texting and can get up from the wreck I'm going to jail for sure bcause I'm going to beat them nearly to death with their F@#king phone:thumbsup:AND thoughly enjoy it too.

Sounds good to me, texting while driving can be dangerous business.

-Sent from my Blackberry while driving

I still dont get the whole texting BS anyway- why push all those buttons when you can in most cases dial just 7 numbers and push send and say in 30 seconds or less everything you need to say instead of typing.

I'm with you on that one.

I'm with you on that one.

I second that ! For myself working at KDOT as a Highway Supervisor, This should of been enforced along time ago. I have had to do Fatalitie Accidents that involved people on the Cell Phone. They not only affect the Driver but many innocent people.

This is one of the best laws they have passed in years-You can no longer text while driving, the only bad part is it that it only applies to 18 and under, should apply to all.
I still dont get the whole texting BS anyway- why push all those buttons when you can in most cases dial just 7 numbers and push send and say in 30 seconds or less everything you need to say instead of typing.

It's a little better actually, applies to all under 21.. Missouri Bicycle News :: New Missouri law bans texting while driving (for those under 21) :: Missouri Bicycle Federation

And yes, I don't understand the texting thing either. Very time/labor intensive for very little result.
But then, the last young people thing I really understood was long hair and Led Zepplin.:laugh:

Sounds good to me, texting while driving can be dangerous business.

-Sent from my Blackberry while driving

that's funny. i am all about safety. but it is extremely dissappointing to me that it requires the gov't to implement a law for people to use common sense. operating a 2ton chunk of metal at 40mph to 80mph is very dangerous, more so than operating a gun.

the thing is, if we allow the gov't to tell us we can not use an electronic device while driving, what is next. no cd players, no glove boxes, etc, etc. I am not saying i don't agree with the law but WE as people, need to do better. this is an example of big gov't (to me) no different than all the spending that is going on. if we knew how many hours and how many people and how much money it required to pass this law it would probably blow our minds.

Here in WA, it is against the law to use your cell phone period whilst driving, be it texting or calls. Unfortunately, it is only a secondary infraction and not enforced anyways. I still get my nearly once a day close call due to people on phones. Just something you learn to deal with or you get plowed over.

one thing my friend pointed out to me, which I thought was interesting. When riding (or driving) and you see someone on a phone or texting, you KNOW that they are not paying attention. Vs. someone driving not using a phone you don't know if they are paying attention or not. i guess it's best 2 always assume they would like to kill you reguardless. what about makeup? or reading? or looking at hot women walking by? I just don't think any law can drivers pay more attention. i think it is up to US and it starts with me. someone once said tolerating poor behavior is just as bad as encouraging it

I thought I had seen everything...then one day recently, while riding along on the "slow" lane thru a small town, a squid eased by me in the inside lane. When I looked over, he was texting with his left hand, WHILE DRIVING A MOTORCYCLE!!!

Idiot!!

CW

I thought I had seen everything...then one day recently, while riding along on the "slow" lane thru a small town, a squid eased by me in the inside lane. When I looked over, he was texting with his left hand, WHILE DRIVING A MOTORCYCLE!!!

Idiot!!

CW

Hey man, I was replying to a very important email! Sheesh :rofl:

Idiot!!

CW

Saw that myself a few weeks ago on the Belt parkway. I noticed a guy on a R1 in the center lane who was drifting around a little. As I got closer I noticed his head looking up and down alot. When I got next to him I saw that he was texting while riding. How stupid.:banghead:

Saw that myself a few weeks ago on the Belt parkway. I noticed a guy on a R1 in the center lane who was drifting around a little. As I got closer I noticed his head looking up and down alot. When I got next to him I saw that he was texting while riding. How stupid.:banghead:

Brave man doing that on the belt parkway!

it should be illegal plain and simple drive your ****ing car, In CA it has to be hands free but no one does dip ****s get off the phone and drive. if you have to talk pull the hell over

i have seen everything from texting to messing with gps systems, radios, cd players, cb radios, reading, nose picking, ummm pretty much anything that can be done while driving. i left the out the x-rated actions. driving is so routine to most people that they just dont pay attention even when there isnt something specific to distract them. im sure we are all guilty of something at one time or another. as for the texting thing, there are times that i prefer to receive a text message than a phone call. i can answer the text at my convenience and so can the person i am texting. it just a different form of communication. i can remember my grandparents saying "if i need to talk to some one, i will go to the them and talk face to face, not on a piece of plastic" "to each there own" :beerchug:

Last edited:
i have seen everything from texting to messing with gps systems, radios, cd players, cb radios, reading, nose picking, ummm pretty much anything that can be done while driving. i left the out the x-rated actions. driving is so routine to most people that they just dont pay attention even when there isnt something specific to distract them. im sure we are all guilty of something at one time or another. as for the texting thing, there are times that i prefer to receive a text message than a phone call. i can answer the text at my convenience and so can the person i am texting. it just a different form of communication. i can remember my grandparents saying "if i need to talk to some one, i will go to the them and talk face to face, not on a piece of plastic" "to each there own" :beerchug:

+1 to that! I used to think texting was one of the most rediculous things ever. Then my girlfriend at the time started texting me all the time and I got hooked. If I have a lot to say, or a real conversation, I'll call. But if it's just a "hey man, what you gettin into tonight?" or something like that, I'd much rather txt. The other person isn't pressured to try to get to the phone right away. If they're in the middle of something or have their hands full they can reply when they're able to, and the same goes for me. I like being able to reply whenever I want. Plus, if I don't want to talk to the person, I can just delete the txt and say I never got it if they ask about it.:laugh:

Back