The absolute stupidity of texting while driving!!!!

I only ride without a helmet when the environment is safe and the speed is slow.

You lost me here - were you joking? Didn't know CA had no helmet law - Thought it was mandatory. ???

As far as texting - I propose that the first time caught texting is a $500 fine, Second time is 30 days no license and $1000 fine. Third time is 90 days in jail.
Causing an accident while texting, 6 months in jail. Causing death of another, 10 years jail time on first offense. etc.

I know that will take someone in the Senate or H of Reps to have a family member killed before any of the above laws go into effect.

Sad that we common people can't change laws if someone we love is killed by a texter. And why do safety laws take so long to be enacted?

Yes someone will argue that the car manufactures and/or phone makers need to create phones that won't work in motion.
However there is no problem with a passenger texting while in motion, So why are there texting accidents when there are two or more
people in the car that are over 16 yo? But there are. :banghead: And why do we need to burden the manufacturers which in the end
will raise the price of their products that we end up paying for.

If your running for office you got my vote ! :cheerleader:

When I say "safe environment"... that means I am not on a public road or highway. A controlled environment is somplace where vehicle access is limited. Lets say your at a track and you want to look at the surface at a very slow speed and you have permission and no other traffic. No helmet needed... nobody is going to run into me because nobody else is there.

How people can ride in no helmet law states at 60+ mph is beyond me anyway. The noise from the wind alone makes riding a pain to endure after a few minutes for me.

If your running for office you got my vote ! :cheerleader:
How people can ride in no helmet law states at 60+ mph is beyond me anyway. The noise from the wind alone makes riding a pain to endure after a few minutes for me.

Not running for office - they wouldn't want me as I have too much common sense. ???

I agree the wind is/can be very loud at speed - Could wear earplugs but I doubt that many do.
Heck I wear earplugs with a helmet most of the time now.

However the bugs are as big of a problem.

Texting was the subject, no?

I wonder if any motorcyclists would admit to texting while riding. If not then this
topic is only about driving IN a vehicle and posted on a motorcycle forum. :laugh:
I don't think I'm that coordinated especially with gloves and a helmet on.

But I have seen (idiots) riding in tanktops, shorts, flip-flops and no gloves on a sportbike.
Some people just don't develop their brains until they are near their 30's it seems.

Of course some never make it to 30 because they decided to text.

I wud suggest investing in one of them air horns like the big rigs have or a train horn and scare the chit outta someone when on their phone textn and blow it right next to them. that will get their attention pretty quick and instinctively think twice about doing that again. tickets don't deter chit!

Yep, I drive a big rig for a living and it annoys the hell out of me seeing someone texting/calling and wandering all over the road. Capture it on the onboard camera and pass it to my friendly local Police officer.

Other times I just honk the horns and watch the mofo come back to reality...

Back