New Seat

and your bike is about what my bike will look like when im done with mine lol:thumbsup:

:laugh: Yep i had the intentions when buying mine that i would paint it and now the amount of mods is just out of control :whistle:

you like your seat?

Yep love my seat. Ive only done about an hour trip on it at one time but it was very comfortable. Only comfort mod I plan on is buell pegs cause the legs do get a bit stiff on long rides but the seat is comfy

yea im 5'9" and bout a 165, i should tuck into that seat nice

I am about the same size. I have the Tobin on mine. Here is a pic. Not the best pic of the seat but you get the idea

DSC_0034.jpg

I'm concerned about those seats due to my size. Right now i'm 6'2" and about 245-50 lbs. Anyone my size have this seat? or there a better one for us bigger ppls.

Sorry for thread jack. i think you gots a good deal..

I'm concerned about those seats due to my size. Right now i'm 6'2" and about 245-50 lbs. Anyone my size have this seat? or there a better one for us bigger ppls.

Sorry for thread jack. i think you gots a good deal..

Corbin, Suzuki gel, Sergeant, and Saddleman are your only other choices. Aside from a custom job on the stock seatpan. The Tobin/New Image seat pictured above is the only seat designed with that step in it.

Corbin, Suzuki gel, Sergeant, and Saddleman are your only other choices. Aside from a custom job on the stock seatpan. The Tobin/New Image seat pictured above is the only seat designed with that step in it.

I've been looking at all the above. The Tobin is the only one that drops seating position down isn't it?

I've been looking at all the above. The Tobin is the only one that drops seating position down isn't it?

Corbin will make one thinner for you if you ask, and that was/may still be, free. Corbin has alot of materials, grip textures, patterns and colors that aren't on their website. You have to call and ask.
Corbins also take some time to break in, but after that they fit YOU great, I've had several.
The Saddleman with the groove looks pretty thin(and Comfortable), I'm gonna try one soon.

I'm pretty sure Tobin/New Image will make you one without the hump too if you ask.

thats the reason i got the seat for just my stock seat, because the guy who bought it was a bigger guy like you and the spacing between the riser and the tank was not enough for him, so he was sitting on top of the riser not to comfortable from the sounds of it

thats the reason i got the seat for just my stock seat, because the guy who bought it was a bigger guy like you and the spacing between the riser and the tank was not enough for him, so he was sitting on top of the riser not to comfortable from the sounds of it

This was my problem...6'-2'' and 240lbs.....It cramed me too far forward...Im too big for that style seat. I like the looks of the saddlemen and want to try that one next.

Shaping your own seat is pretty easy. If you don't have any electric knives or foam knives you can get the foam wet, freeze it, and sand away. I did that to my last seat and it worked great. Had to thaw it out and re do it a few times til I got it just right but it works.

i'm 6'4" tall, just don't think the seat would be good for me when i tuck. i think i'll just stay with the stock or maybe get a good cover for it.

I love my New Image seat for the distance and every day rides. I'm not a big go fast and straight guy, but tucking does put my butt on the rise in back.

What i have noticed that the rise hampers my transition to sliding off the seat in a good lean so i cant get in a good position.

I'm gonna look for a stock seat for my track days this year as well as go with my stock pegs instead of the beulls.

But like i said, for a 6' 220 guy a custom seat, lower pegs and heli bars makes for a good touring position.

Back