New product

for folks who have done their install, where did you mount?
Good luck with a decent mount location. I have an idea where to mount but it's going to take a custom built bracket.
pls do tell, not afraid to make a custom bracket given the specs.....

gw - I thought about putting it at a similar place but on the left (tach, clutch, clutch lever, on the left....)

I also considered putting it on the tach dash window just like the pics on the web, but it didn;t fit too well - perhaps if the box was a tad bit smaller.....

<!--EDIT|mdfdbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150735357 -->

Finally got around to mounting mine today. I'll post pics soon. If not in here then in General.

Got the email.. mine is here Tuesday... woohoo...
tounge.gif

I installed and mounted the GIpro today. I must say that as a gear indicator it blows the Acumen away. Gear changes show up immediately and doesn't "freak out" as does the Acumen with the clutch disengaged. The Acumen resembles a toy next to the GIpro. The only thing I will miss is the blue LED of the Acumen.

Any of you dudes got pics of this thing mounted yet? Opinions on how it works from personal usage? I'd like to see some of the interesting ideas you all came up with for places to mount the box.

Same here - this is where I put mine, very easy install.  The display seems to have a photosensor that adjusts for the light conditions.  I took a ride after the install tonight and it was constantly adjusting from dim to bright as I rode past the street lights at night.  Gear indication is instant while riding.  However, when you are parked w/o the engine running but the key in the "on" position and the kickstand out, it sometimes gets confused and indicates a gear (5 or 6 in my two instances) when in fact you are really in neutral.  Not a big deal b/c it clears up right away and indicates the correct gear once you start the engine.

<!--EDIT|mdfdbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150785817 -->

Busa_GIPro.jpg

well got my confermation on delivery date the 27th
sad.gif
i was hoping to get it by Friday so i would beable to to install and have it for my vacation at the gap in NC. but it will be here when i get back
sad.gif

sad.gif

Same here - this is where I put mine, very easy install. The display seems to have a photosensor that adjusts for the light conditions. I took a ride after the install tonight and it was constantly adjusting from dim to bright as I rode past the street lights at night. Gear indication is instant while riding. However, when you are parked w/o the engine running but the key in the "on" position and the kickstand out, it sometimes gets confused and indicates a gear (5 or 6 in my two instances) when in fact you are really in neutral. Not a big deal b/c it clears up right away and indicates the correct gear once you start the engine.
1) What holds it in place under the windshield. Just curious. Haven't received mine yet but I am debating between that location and right on the speedometer.

2) For those that mount it between the windshield and the gauges. Do you view it by looking over or under the windshield?

if they are shipping ground then that is perfectly normal shipping time...3~5 days.

guess the price wasn't enuf of a bargain?
I have no problem with Cal-Sportbike or the price they sold me the item at. I think it was more than fair (pending the item works - I haven't received it yet).

My problem is with UPS for having such slow shipping.

Same here - this is where I put mine, very easy install.  The display seems to have a photosensor that adjusts for the light conditions.  I took a ride after the install tonight and it was constantly adjusting from dim to bright as I rode past the street lights at night.  Gear indication is instant while riding.  However, when you are parked w/o the engine running but the key in the "on" position and the kickstand out, it sometimes gets confused and indicates a gear (5 or 6 in my two instances) when in fact you are really in neutral.  Not a big deal b/c it clears up right away and indicates the correct gear once you start the engine.
1) What holds it in place under the windshield.  Just curious.  Haven't received mine yet but I am debating between that location and right on the speedometer.

2) For those that mount it between the windshield and the gauges. Do you view it by looking over or under the windshield?
1. I used a modified (bent to form shape of windhield) radar windshield mount and velcro on both sides to hold to windshield as well as the GIpro.

2. My windshield is the chrome plastic so I look under it. Not a big deal given my riding position, it's pretty natural for me.

the numbers/gear indicator is huge! I think anyone riding for a block behind me can see what gear I'm in! lol!

I placed it on the tach gage but due to the size of the box, it was too big to sit flat on the window.

I received mine yesterday and installed last night (hope to get it out this evening to give it a try).

I installed mine on the lower right corner of the tach. It's pretty much out of the way there, but doesn't sit completely flat since part is on the tach face and part is on the surrounding plate. I'm getting ready to post pics very soon for a bunch of mod's I just did so I'll show this as well. Ok, maybe I'll try to post this pic tonight.

The install is pretty easy. I think the cable could have been a bit longer so there would be more flexibility for mounting positions, but where I have it is probably just fine. I was interested in the position above the gauges but my ZG ST windscreen does not have enough room for this thing! The guys that did this must have the Double Bubble screen.

I'm also not crazy about connecting anything directly to the battery terminal without a fuse, so will prolly go back and insert a fuse.

The instructions are excellent and the product looks great. I can't wait to try it out!

I got my email last night. Darn thing is going to show up while I'm in Reno. I'm so excited! I can't wait to install it!

No one come by my house and try to swipe it from my porch or I'll sic Turbo and Charger on you.

(no pic of Turbo avail, so you get Charger. Think same only older)

SUNP0018.JPG

Back