New owner, 08 Busa

Gixxxerk6

Registered
Hello all,

I'm 22 and I've been riding for 3 1/2 years and had 2 Suzuki GSX-R 600s (Suzuki die-hard) and after the 2nd one, I decided since I am 6'2 225lbs that a 600 just doesn't suit me. Well long story short I was looking for Hayabusas and managed to find this baby with 5k miles, yoshimura full exhaust and power commander for $7800.

The lady gives two big thumbs up for it, she loves it! Usually we are in a hurry to get off the 600 because our asses are sore and it was just downright painful to ride any distances that take more than 30-45 minutes. With this, we were driving ~50 miles one way and I still felt extremely comfortable. I am a sissy, though, and keep it in B and C modes to get used to this beast :bowdown:

Looking forward to learning more and meeting some great riders on here. I know the picture requirement, but all I have is one from when I hauled it back on a 250 mile trip to get her :)

240470_10150210586949164_510409163_7129856_5084814_o.jpg

Also, while we're at it, I had a question regarding this. I am sure it is normal, but on downshifts from say 3rd-2nd and around 2500 rpms, the entire bike will get kind of jerky, sort of like the rpms too low and it's trying to die. Is this a normal feeling? I didn't know if it was just the way it is since the motor is large, or if it is something odd to look into more? It isn't severe, it just feels like weird.

Welcome to the oRg and nice bike you have there. Please respect this machine, she will take care of you if you do. :welcome:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Did you mention after market windscreen :laugh:

What the heck is this B and C mode you speak of :poke:

Enjoy it and be safe :thumbsup: They are sneaky quick

Also, while we're at it, I had a question regarding this. I am sure it is normal, but on downshifts from say 3rd-2nd and around 2500 rpms, the entire bike will get kind of jerky, sort of like the rpms too low and it's trying to die. Is this a normal feeling? I didn't know if it was just the way it is since the motor is large, or if it is something odd to look into more? It isn't severe, it just feels like weird.

Obviously, it could be several things, but I'd make sure I ran at least a tank of new gas thru it before speculating on the performance. Not sure how long it sat prior to your ownership, so that's my initial thought. What's the idle set at?

Anyway, :welcome: to the oRg! Feels good not being the bear on the circus bike anymore, doesn't it. :thumbsup: Feel her out and let us know how she's responding once you've ran a tank or 2 through.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Did you mention after market windscreen :laugh:

What the heck is this B and C mode you speak of :poke:

Enjoy it and be safe :thumbsup: They are sneaky quick

I know, I know, I'm a chicken lol

Obviously, it could be several things, but I'd make sure I ran at least a tank of new gas thru it before speculating on the performance. Not sure how long it sat prior to your ownership, so that's my initial thought. What's the idle set at?

Anyway, :welcome: to the oRg! Feels good not being the bear on the circus bike anymore, doesn't it. :thumbsup: Feel her out and let us know how she's responding once you've ran a tank or 2 through.

It just seems to want to hop a bit, like it jerks forward. No lights come on or anything, but I didn't know if that was just the way this engine brakes, since I am used to the little 600. And that is quite the true analogy :rofl:

Could be the power commander too. My 636 would act kinda funky and die sometimes when slowing down or coming to a stop. It had a PCIII.

On another note, I haven't noticed it on my '08

Back