New Motor Lasted Less Than 1000 Feet!

I would check the for a valve keeper or valve issue. Zero compression in one cylinder "usually" is a valve issue, one that is open. Could be fixed in the bike.

Fully torn down and no issues found?! I noticed a chatter mark from a drill on the sealing area of #1 so I sejt the head back to APE for another round of milling. #2 (the offending cylinder) has perfect sealing valves as per APEs vacuum testing. So, no gasket failure, no lower end failure, no top end failure...wtf! It'll be together next week and heat cycled a few times, then boosted. We'll see. I have to guess it maybe wasnt torqued correctly? Who knows? Whatever it was, it wasn't my parts or my doing.

About a week out still. No charge for the re-do...so no battle there. Last piece is the manual cam chain tensioner on order. Weather is turning finally. Should be road ready just in time.

I thought this was a family based forum so i didn't know asking for help was considered jacking others. I posted where I saw people commenting since I have tried posting n no one comment.

I posted to your first thread and so did Gixerhp. If anyone here can help you with your issue it is Gixerhp. Go back and check that one.

They don't have any idea what it was that went wrong. I confirmed on Friday that wouldnt be charging me any $ for the re-do (if they tried I would have gone FULL Chuck Norris on them).
We'll see?

Follow up. 200 miles of perfection so far. Way smoother, much more torque.
NO CHARGE FOR THE REDO. EVERETT POWERSPORTS did bot charge for the second round.

On a side note; installed a car on fiber tail and solo hump and put factory graphics on them. Overall a great weekend.

No cause was discovered. One person said there was coolant loss via #2, but I don't think he was a hands on participant. Another mentioned valave clearance change.
All I could see was a slight scratch on the number one ceiling area. In short nobody really knows what went wrong.

I sent the head back to ape to be milled to get the scratch out and had them recheck everything. It runs perfectly now, in fact it seems much smoother and torquier than before? I had the crank lightened and balanced so that probably accounts for the smoothness.

So odd nothing stood out. Glad to hear she is back together. Have you had it tuned? And with upgrades were you able to crank up the boost?

Only upgrade was the crank lightening and arp studs. Swapped to Carillo rods, but nothing that really upped the boost potential. The prior build was good for 500 hp (depending on who you ask) and this build is roughly the same. The turbo kit maxes out at 420-450, so basically the motor build is "enough", but we all know that the word "enough" is a moving target for most of here, lol.

Back