New LSR event

Houston... we've got a problem! :vuur1:

and to think I need to be packed and ready to go by tonight.

P7285968.jpg

P7285972.jpg

Houston... we've got a problem! :vuur1:

and to think I need to be packed and ready to go by tonight.

Even after cleaning all of that Shiate out of the oil pan and such you will NOT get it all out and lose the rod bearings very quickly..I had the same thing happen at Bonneville and I cleaned out the lower end/pan and covers and on the very next pass it spun the rod bearings out of it.

It will eat itself quickly...if you run it be prepared for it to come apart and oil down the rear rear, perhaps drop sharp Aluminum chunks in front of the tire as well.

Count yourself out of the race meet..live to run another day.

Sorry to hear.

John

I dropped the pan and there was very little debris. Most stayed inside the basket. I'm a bit nervous about it so things are still up in the air. If I get it together I'll run it on the street for a short distance, check the filter, oil, pan, etc and decide from there. Blowing a bearing at say the 1.5 mile mark sure wouldn't be the best result.

I've had two oil downs at speed and one that blew a nice big hole through the case so I know what your saying John. It's not something that I wish to repeat for a thrird time.

Last edited:
I dropped the pan and there was very little debris. Most stayed inside the basket. I'm a bit nervous about it so things are still up in the air. If I get it together I'll run it on the street for a short distance, check the filter, oil, pan, etc and decide from there. Blowing a bearing at say the 1.5 mile mark sure wouldn't be the best result.

Dude,

Just be careful and :please:know what the outcome can be and be willing to kill the cases, head, cylinder, piston, 1-4 rods...this stuff gets everywhere including in the piston ring grooves, oil squirters, oil pump etc..

Last rod I lost went through the cases and dented the wastgate pipe. :banghead:

Mine was not even as bad as yours.

John

Man, sorry to see something like that happen and so close to the race even... :(

I hope it works out for you bud, you've put a lot of hard work into her... :beerchug:

Damn Bro!!! :cursin: Sorry to hear bout this! :banghead: I hope all goes well with repair Commuta, and if you do end up taking it, PLEASE :please: BE CAREFULL BROTHER!!! Good Luck :beerchug:

That's a sad turn of events. Give us an update once you get the once over and after the weekend if you end up running.

My re-post from my forum.....long weekend

I just rolled in the door after the long journey home, lots of miles and lots of time to think about everything. OMG the progress we have made in such short time and without 30 years of experience is a huge blessing. This latest accomplishment for our program was fueled by multiple events all coming together to meet one objective: GO FAST.

(1) We are racing a stranger turned customers' bike which was donated to us without second thought, given to us for a race season almost unheard of anywhere. Another blessing!

(2) I built my very first turbo motor and turbo kit almost a year and a half ago and we are still romping on that same set-up while improving it weekly. Another blessing!

(3) Wednesday of last week and its looking like I needed to stay here and punch out some projects to be sure we meet our rather large overhead and Parrotnator (member) steps in and funds my entire trip to and from, entry fees, gas and meals. The bike is not even safety wired yet or even touched since we last had it at the drag strip. Another blessing!

(4) We make it to Maine at 3:30 in the morning on Saturday....wake up call at 7:00 am. I get to the track and unload all by myself. I safety wire the bike, gather registration paperwork and move the bike on to the tech inspection line.

(5) I make my first pass on Saturday (test run) 177.126

(6) Make another run 202.748...short shifting at 6K nothing out of the norm noted but I was also creeping out the door.

(7) I put the bike up for night all prepped and ready for Sunday, well at least I thought so...

(8) Sunday morning.......get there early and get the bike up front in the line. I am rested and eager to see what this bike has. My first pass no holding back and we are off, mid track I am out of gear, in sixth and no more gears to push. I keep plugging away at the shifter just trying to get some sort of pass in.....204.876

(9) Now I am getting stressed....left home with no additional gearing just a 18 tooth front and 38 rear...........

(10) A couple of people help out trying to find a sprocket for my Carrozzeria wheels and to no-avail, nothing. Super fast Wildbill is there so I seek him out and ask to borrow a sprocket. He says sure (what a sport) I head into his trailer to find the smallest rear sprocket I can find, BINGO a 32. So now at least we had a 18/32 combination. That should have allowed us a 225ish pass... Another blessing

(11) (ZRXdean) Dean Sabatinelli just finished a WORLD FASEST pass on a 1000 CC bike 241.XXX on his intercooled and turbo charged ZX-10. I noticed the clock was ticking and if we got limited runs like Saturday this will be a wasted trip. I asked Dean if he would take a pass on the bike. Dean said "I would be honored" ..

(12) Dean gets suited up and takes his first past. 216.909 with the new gearing. We really needed a 19/32 set-up but it was better than nothing. Dean clearly said something was WRONG with the bike. Now I am really getting stressed. I know off boost the bike is fine so my only thought is we have a boost leak. Last week at the drag strip the air box cover doors leaked. I made a quick fix at the drag strip, worked so I never check them again. The gaskets blew right out...dual major boost leaks.

(13) We searched high and low for something to make a gasket out of and luckiliy someone had a roll of gasket material. Dean makes a pass and bad news the leak is even worse....only 208.034. I am about to cry.... I am ready to load up and come home at this point. But all I could think about was that drive of shame all the way home with no results.....so I find a thick piece of a cardboard box, layer it with the gasket material and clamp the plates down on top the air box.

(14) Dean makes another pass finally progress 232.293 MPH and I am flipping happy. Dean rolls into the pits, he said its still leaking. Dean hit the max boost recall and we used only 18 psi out of a possible 30 to get there. So I said we will make one more pass and we will call it a day, within 12 minutes of the last pass...he ran 231.630 that's within .66 of the MPH he ran the first time at only 18 pounds of boost.....and the bike is HOT!

big question is what will it run at 28-30 psi...intercooled...We know from testing that 18 PSI is 393HP and 209 foot pounds of torque. All out of a turbo kit we made here at HPC with scrap stock header pieces and a stage III motor we built at our shop... Blessing

(15) So while the story here seems like an easy task it was not. I thank God for the strength he gives me to keep pushing and never quitting. I thank Dean for being there and willing to help. I thank all of you for everything you do to help HPC and ZX14.net....

(16) We currently hold the record in the class and to date its the fastest Turbo ZX-14 in the world and the cool thing is, we have not even unleashed the bike yet, I had the intercooler off as well....that's my story! Thank you everyone involved...

We are about 3500 away from having the best thing I have built on two wheels...............

Learned a lot this weekend for sure~!

Last edited:
Maaa'aan, that's some good speed~!~

And to think...I didn't even know they made the 14 in Orange and Black :laugh:

Did Commuta run?

I love both bikes, just happen to be with this one this weekend, trying to save the Busa for Texas for a apples to apples. :beerchug: .. Not sure I was pretty busy just trying to float.

Congrats on the weekend and the fast times.

Correction however the 997cc bike of Joe Amo ran 246+ mph as an average speed at Bonneville timed over an entire mile not just 132' several years ago and could not make the required back up run because the next morning as he had to ship out his deployment orders had come in.

Dean certainly did pick up well from his best 225mph speed at Maxton!:bowdown:

Congrats to all and today Scott's bike ran 265.9 in a private test session...:bowdown:

J

Back