New LSR event

I'm coming up with my GenII and 4 or 5 friends I race with at New England Dragway. I hope I have the right gears, but no matter how well prepared you are, there is always somehting you wish you had brought or done ahead of time. I'm fabricating an LSR fuel tank that probably won't be done in time.

I'm also still working on things. Every event always comes down to me working every night in the garage doing all of the final prep work as well. Does the Gen II use the same rear sprocket pattern as the GenI? If so I'll have a bunch of them with me. I can't use them with my bst but I bring them just in case someone else needs a quick swap. :thumbsup:

We'll be up there Thursday night so I'll see you Friday at tech for sure. :beerchug:

Sprockets for the Gen I are unique to the Gen I. Rear Sprockets for the Gen II are same as GSXR1k. Bringing a 22/36 combo. Should be good for 200 mph in 3rd gear:laugh:

yea, and I still have to put my bike back together and safety wire everything. Added IAP logging (to measure intake efficiency), dyno tuning this Thursday, then if possible some real life tuning and clutch work. Sprockets are due to arrive this Thursday. A new tire... I've still got a bit to do but I should be all squared away by Wednesday night of next week. I'm sure it'll be last minute packing as usual. :laugh:

Did you get the new tank finished?

Less than 2 weeks:laugh:

Last edited:
I guess it depends how you interpret the rule. Rule 7.B.23 "Rear brakes are required and must be an internal expanding drum type or disc brake. Actuation may be from a foot pedal or handlebar lever. Front brakes are required over 175 MPH (ECTA ONLY)."

I would interpret that as meaning more than one front brake.

Does anyone know if dual brakes are required in the front for ECTA / Loring safety rules?

Does anyone know if dual brakes are required in the front for ECTA / Loring safety rules?

Only one front brake is required at either venue. Unless of course you're running in a production class on a bike that came with two front rotors (or drums).
Todd

you ol' dog :thumbsup: lurkin' around :laugh:

If Todd says one, you heard it from the man :beerchug:

Should it then read front brake is required. :poke:
Only one front brake is required at either venue. Unless of course you're running in a production class on a bike that came with two front rotors (or drums).
Todd

Last edited:
This event is less than a month away now. Is anyone from the busa family plan on going?

Can you bring the event a little closer to us? A mile and a half can be moved on a wide load can't it?

Todd

Yeah, what he said...we only run one rotor on the front under Maxton ECTA rules.

closer?!?! There's a guy from California going to the event. Plenty of Texas folks as well... :poke::laugh:

California...is that all? :lol:

Actually my wife is due in 2.5 weeks so the only racing I'm going to be doing is in my back yard, LoL

Going to see about doing the Sept even at Maxton though, definitely the Oct event.

You guys have fun, maaaaan 1.5 miles I'd love it. 199.2 at Maxton, all I need is a few more feet

in case I haven't mentioned it some where else, congrats outlaw :beerchug:

Thank you~!~

I've already been looking at little 4 wheelers (jokingly of course).
Told her they must have some with remote controls on them.

Maybe I'll make it to Maine before too much longer...

Should it then read front brake is required. :poke:

I think it should read "Sufficient brakes for the speed you are able to obtain combined with the ability you have to use them and the possiblity of a rabbit, tractor or moose crossing your path during that time". :whistle:

I look at it as a common sense thing of looking the project all the way through... like I think all food labels at the store should say how many sheets of toilet paper it requires after consumption. :idea:

But unfortunatley I don't help write the rules (anymore), I just help interpet them, enforce them and make for a good (interactive) target for someone to aim at when they don't like them. :boxing:

Looking forward to seeing you Ken,
Todd

PS: Congrats on the new pitcrew member Outlaw.:beerchug:

Back