new here from canada

gsxr996

Registered
hi i just joined the site from eastern canada.i just put a down payment on a 00 busa.it's in mint condition,well looked after,never abused.but it's got 68000kms(42000miles)mostly all highway.they tell me this is not alot on a busa,is this true?i also have a 00zx12.i have a 99zx11 and 95 gsxr1100 both for sale to pay for the busa.i wanted another12 but my wife drives too and the 12 is way too tall for her.we test drove the busa and it fits her well,plus it might be better 2up.

Mileage isn't as much of an issue as maintainence. Have your local Suzi dealer run the vin number and make sure the cam chain tensioner recall has been performed. 99 and 00 Busa's have issues with the starter clutch going bad, if the starter is dragging expect to replace it. Fuel pump locking up can also be an issue with 99 and 00's, used replacements are getting hard to find, and Suzi wants $400 US for a new one. If your passenger weighs more than 100 lbs, you may want to remove the aluminum subframe and replace it with a steel one from an 01 or newer model. The aluminum one can be sold for quite a bit, they are popular with guys that race and want the weight reduction. The replacement steel one is much cheaper.
Oh, and :welcome:

Back