Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Chain, need help

Devildust

Registered
Not sure if I did something wrong or what but it looks off. Adjusted the slack to proper tension and the adjuster seems really really far back.
Its a DID 112 link chain, stock sprockets size.
13898587420_0ac7422a88_c.jpg20140501_193409 by antonzavalko, on Flickr

I just did mine. Had to remove a couple of links before installing the master link. I'd have liked to remove 1 more but the chain would have been just a hair too short to get the link in. Mine need up pretty close to where yours is so you should be ok. It will take a long time to stretch to the limit.

That looks identical to the position my chain adjuster is in right now with a new chain.

The chain will be worn out long before you run out of adjustment.

how many links is the stock chain supposed to be anyway?

From what I found on here its 112, and thats what this one is. Just seems like it should start out shorter, but if that what it is then Im good.

It's 114 on a Gen 2, per the service manual. Are we talking Gen 1 or 2?

i need one too thats why i was asking about what the stock links on a g1 are. my chain is at the last notch so i know i need one

Top Bottom