Chain noise?

RonB

Registered
Notice if it I take off and run it up to around 5k rpm or so in 1st gear and let of throttle I hear what seems like chain slapping or rattle. The chain is new EKzzz and adjusted properly.

Mine has done that when there is too much play in the chain ......?

exactly, tighten her up a bit but not too much. set your bike on it's kickstand tug the center part of the chain and you should measure about an inch and a half of sag.

Notice if it I take off and run it up to around 5k rpm or so in 1st gear and let of throttle I hear what seems like chain slapping or rattle. The chain is new EKzzz and adjusted properly.
Did you install new sprockets with the new chain? Could be the source of your sound...... These should be changed as a pair. All the adjusting in the world won't get rid of this until the new chain wears into the old groove. But, this will cause the chain/sprockets to wear even faster.

Did you or the  dealer install the rivets? Or is this a rivetless masterlink? Did you check the alignment of the rear wheel to the front? All can cause your chain to make noise.....

Did you or the dealer install the rivets? Or is this a rivetless masterlink? Did you check the alignment of the rear wheel to the front? All can cause your chain to make noise.....
dealer did the install, wheel is fine, odd I rode another Busa and darn if it didn't do the same thing. Get a few RPM in 1st and let off then the noise.

Did you or the  dealer install the rivets? Or is this a rivetless masterlink? Did you check the alignment of the rear wheel to the front? All can cause your chain to make noise.....
dealer did the install, wheel is fine,  odd I rode another Busa and darn if it didn't do the same thing. Get a few RPM in 1st and let off then the noise.
sounds normal to me,as the chain makes contact with the guides on the swingarm. Letting off the throttle relaxes the chain allowing it to slop around...normal.

and what KS Waterbug said. ALWAYS change them as a 3 piece set. Chains wear to their sprogs and visa versa...

but hey....its a free country.

Back