New bike.....

Still no turbo. Monday will be 9 weeks. I was told 6 weeks when I ordered it. Im really not that excited anymore.....mostly just pissed off.

I feel ya bruder.
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(Chun @ May 10 2007,11:31) Still no turbo.  Monday will be 9 weeks.  I was told 6 weeks when I ordered it.  Im really not that excited anymore.....mostly just pissed off.
Let me tell ya... coming from experience and starting where you are starting...
smile.gif

You are in for more then you bargained for and you don't even know it...
biggrin.gif
Although you may be able to slide by wihtout too many issues being velocity is installing it for you and you are not going big.

When I ordered my turbo kit, I really figured it would be bolt-on and go. I had no idea how much customization, patience, and diligence it took to get the bike running. I have a stage 2 with lowered compression engine and it took me 3 years to get her running right...
biggrin.gif
(If I would have paid Velocity or Motorhead, I am sure I would have cut down on that time a bit, but building it was half the fun, although sometimes frustrating.)

The waitng game is part of the game and all the good manufacturers I have seen seem to have some delays from time to time and could take a while to get "all" the parts you need for the install. I ordered a ghetto and it trickled in over a period of about a month or two, but many have waited much longer.

The bigger you go, the more headaches it seems to be, since you are not going with engine mods and only a stage 1, you are probably going to be fine, just be patient. You would have been better trying to get this done in the winter... ;) Everyone is much slower and you have a lot more time to wait on things. I started my turbo project like you in the spring, thinking I would have her ready by June for sure and I didn't run that bike that entire season...
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

(Chun @ Mar. 21 2007,18:00)
(fstbusa @ Mar. 21 2007,16:56) its not a huge killer.... maybe 15hp.
I guess 15 horse isnt HUGE but if I'm spending almost $6000 I want every single horsey I can get.  Thanks for the reply though.

I am going to try to get the bike broken in on Saturday so I can take it to the track on Sunday.  I want to try to get in a few runs before I get the turbo put on.  I was told it will be six weeks before I can take it down to get it installed......I cant wait.
For $6,000 you should check out

Carpenter Racing 240hp package

A stage 1 turbo is typically detuned to 250+ HP and is streetable on street gas.

I have never owned or worked with a turbo. This is based on what I've read and been told by guys that own and build turbos.

(Chun @ May 11 2007,07:21) I know a guy that has the 240hp set up.  He got it back here and had it dyno's.  It made 223hp.
dyno results vary based on dyno, altitude, etc... Doesn't surprise me that he got it back and it was different although that is pretty significant...

Is he sure it is running like it did when he got it originally dyno'd; could have a boost leak.

Barry called today. He said they have been waiting on turbos and the kit should go out Monday......

(Cloud9 @ May 11 2007,15:17)
(Chun @ May 11 2007,07:21) I know a guy that has the 240hp set up.  He got it back here and had it dyno's.  It made 223hp.
dyno results vary based on dyno, altitude, etc... Doesn't surprise me that he got it back and it was different although that is pretty significant...

Is he sure it is running like it did when he got it originally dyno'd; could have a boost leak.
Its not turbo'd....

I was told it would be shipped today. I should have it on Thrusday. If I get it, I'll post some pics.

I got my kit.  <span style='color:red'>Its got the plenum, and the turbo with the pipe going up.  But then its got a rubber hose.  Is that in place of the aluminum mid pipe(or whatever its called)?</span>I barely got started today. The kid wouldn't shut up(he's 3 months old). I got all fluids drained out, removed my fairings, gas tank, air box, emissions control bullshnitz, all of the exhaust, radiator, and oil cooler. I put on the emissions block off plates. I got further than I expected to. I only spent about two hours on it. I would put up a pic, but what's the point? I will when the manifold and turbo are on.

(Chun @ May 10 2007,18:31) Still no turbo.  Monday will be 9 weeks.  I was told 6 weeks when I ordered it.  Im really not that excited anymore.....mostly just pissed off.
<span style='color:skyblue'></span>
be easy all things come in time

(justtight @ May 19 2007,19:56)
(Chun @ May 10 2007,18:31) Still no turbo.  Monday will be 9 weeks.  I was told 6 weeks when I ordered it.  Im really not that excited anymore.....mostly just pissed off.
<span style='color:skyblue'></span>
be easy all things come in time
I know. I already said I got it. Now I want to know if I am missing parts or if they replaced an aluminum part with a rubber hose.

turbizzle.JPG

Im stuck at the oil feed line. I have a short steel braided line and a pre bent metal tube with a male threaded piece on each side. I thought they went together for the feed, but they are different fittings. Is there supposed to be a fitting to make them go together? I will have to call Velocity tomorrow and ask.

Back