Questions about stage 1 turbo kits quality

gsx1300rr

Registered
I am going to buy a stage one turbo kit this spring, i've come down to RCC or Velocity racing, and I made a little comparison sheet and was wondering if anyone might know why they have such a big difference.
The RCC kit comes in at $200 higher, and almost all the options are considerably more expensive Clutch springs $80 (velocity $30) BOV $375 (Velocity $350) Full pipe and Carbon can $540 (Velocity is $550) and for the most interesting difference the water injection... RCC charges $795 where Velocity only charges $250.

I've read tons of threads that say RCC has the best tech support, but if the quality of the kits are equal and they both produce the same power with similar warranty's then I don't think it takes a finance major to make the decision.. Does anyone know if Velocity cuts a lot of corners on their product for the considerable price difference? I mean how could the water injection cost $795 for one and $250 for the other?
Thanks for any help

kits are not the same....rcc has an external gate...velocity does not. There is your 200 difference.

There other parts can probably be used from velocity...clutch springs you definitely can

Velocity is one of the best kits on the market. I doubt they cut too many corners. Maybe you could call and talk to both. I heard that if you call Velocity they might work out a better deal on their kits...

Ive heard nothing but good things about RCC also. Ive heard good and bad from velocity, but no personal experience myself. I just got my kit from Orient Express, very helpfull and willing to work with you !!

Thanks for the responses. What is the advantage of having a external waste gate to an internal? Is it only advantageous if you are using really high boost?

RCC is deffinently worth the extra cost. as far as the add ons. I bought an HKS Super Sequential BOV the springs you can get from anywhere. If your gonna go with a stage one which is what I have then you only need three heave clutch springs. 30 from RCC. But the biggest plus is Richard. You call him and he will stay on the phone with you and answer every question. RCC is the only kit I will ever buy

I have a velocity stage 1 kit on my busa with an external gate. I have no complaints about the kit whatsoever. Fits great, looks great and has taken my bike to an 8.37 @ 167 on a completely stock motor. Made 222whp on 5psi and 268 on 10psi on C16.

unless velocity has changed things.....

keep in mind you can fit your air filter under the bodywork with an RCC and a velocity you will have to cut a hole to let your filter stick out.

I own a RCC kit and have never heard of a single problem from them and I would be willing to bet if there ever is...Richard will take care of it ASAP. Velocity on the other hand i've hear alot of good and alot of negative. I had a friend that had an RCC kit and it was trouble free and hauled ass thats why I got one. I would rather hit my **** with a hammer then buy a velocity. For the type of street riding I do Velocity didn't offer what RCC does

I own a RCC kit and have never heard of a single problem from them and I would be willing to bet if there ever is...Richard will take care of it ASAP. Velocity on the other hand i've hear alot of good and alot of negative. I had a friend that had an RCC kit and it was trouble free and hauled ass thats why I got one. I would rather hit my **** with a hammer then buy a velocity. For the type of street riding I do Velocity didn't offer what RCC does

Ive heard great things about RCC as well. Ive also never had a problem with my Velocity kit either. Plus they are a little over an hour from me, so it works out well.

unless velocity has changed things.....

keep in mind you can fit your air filter under the bodywork with an RCC and a velocity you will have to cut a hole to let your filter stick out.

Thanks, I've made up my mind to get a RCC. The air filter sticking out of the body work is a deal breaker for me. I like the "stock" look.

Ive heard great things about RCC as well. Ive also never had a problem with my Velocity kit either. Plus they are a little over an hour from me, so it works out well.

yeah you and like 2 other people I see around the boards are all that comes to mind when I think of quality velocity bikes.....My friend that has the rcc previously had a velocity and it gave him **** fits....I think Velocity are more prominent at the tracks.....for street riding RCC sure does have alot more to offer it seems

everyones stage one kits has the option of a small air filter to fit under the bodywork

Back