New bike.....

(Chun @ May 20 2007,14:32) Im stuck at the oil feed line.  I have a short steel braided line and a pre bent metal tube with a male threaded piece on each side.  I thought they went together for the feed, but they are different fittings.  Is there supposed to be a fitting to make them go together?  I will have to call Velocity tomorrow and ask.
yea, oil feed goes from turbo to exhaust side of the bike on the lower part of the engine case. I have a brass T-fitting which went there and then the feed line goes into the T.

My instructions say to go to that plug above the oil sending unit. The steel braided line fits in there perfectly and the other line fits into the top of the turbo perfectly, but there is nothing to connect the two lines.

Yep. I was missing the fitting I needed. Ken at Velocity said it would go out today. I didn't want to wait so I found one at a performance parts store here in town.
super.gif

(Chun @ Mar. 20 2007,16:36) I picked up an 06 hold over on Saturday the 10th and ordered my Velocity kit Monday the 12th.  I got the full exhaust, BOV, water injection, and boost controller.  Velocity will be installing the kit for me.  I want to keep the bike looking as stock as possible, so I dont want to extend it if I dont have to.  I am just going to use a strap and set of bones.  Here are a couple of questions I have.

I plan on going to the track every Sunday and was wondering how hard it will be to keep the front down.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:arial'><span style='color:red'>Very hard to keep down the front and still get good times.  Strapping will help also front end weights.</span></span></span>

Does the front want to come up on the highway at stock wheelbase?
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-family:arial'>no not unless you want to have it come up.</span></span></span>

Should I break the bike in with 87 or 93 Octane?  

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-family:arial'>87 is fine until you have the turbo on then never below the 93.</span></span></span>

Not turbo related- Is the owners manual version of break-in the best way to go?

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:arial'><span style='color:red'>it will be fine, just keep variations on your speeds and rpms.</span></span></span>

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Edit:  Just found out that full exhaust is a huge power killer.  No more full exhaust.

(Chun @ May 22 2007,03:28) Thanks.  I found a cheap arm so its about 5" over stock now.
she is going to handle like **** at 5 over... I had mine at 6.5 and wouldn't handle worth a ****...

I have it about 3" over now and it handles pretty good and still reluctant to wheelie with 12 PSI of boost.

CLoud

(Cloud9 @ May 22 2007,10:43)
(Chun @ May 22 2007,03:28) Thanks.  I found a cheap arm so its about 5" over stock now.
she is going to handle like **** at 5 over... I had mine at 6.5 and wouldn't handle worth a ****...

I have it about 3" over now and it handles pretty good and still reluctant to wheelie with 12 PSI of boost.

CLoud
Do you mean it will corner like ****, or handle like **** at the dragstrip? I usually only ride this bike at the track, and my streetfighter on the streets. I guess that may change after riding it with a turbo......
super.gif

(Chun @ May 22 2007,13:09)
(Cloud9 @ May 22 2007,10:43)

CLoud
Do you mean it will corner like ****, or handle like **** at the dragstrip?  I usually only ride this bike at the track, and my streetfighter on the streets.  I guess that may change after riding it with a turbo......
super.gif
Yea, if you only go to the strip, longer is better...
biggrin.gif

I am a street rider through and through, so for me, the handling in the twisties was soo bad, I just couldn't deal with it...

At 2-3" over though, I am throwing here down in the turns at 120 again...
AAAssjani.gif

(Chun @ May 23 2007,06:26) The kit is missing another part.  There is no HOBB switch, so now I'm waiting on that......
My kit was missing a crap load of stuff as well. Some of the fittings I just never got and ended up down at the race shop looking for parts...

This is the headaches of going turbo... don't get too frustrated, you signed up for it and you didn't even know it.. hahahaha

There is also no water injection line. I built my own bracket for the FMU because there was no way to get the one that came wtih the kit to work. Im pretty excited about my bracket.

(Chun @ May 23 2007,12:43) There is also no water injection line.  I built my own bracket for the FMU because there was no way to get the one that came wtih the kit to work.  Im pretty excited about my bracket.
feels good making stuff yourself don't it... ;) It is rewarding when it works out and frustrating when it doesn't...

Back