New Bike

I plan on going tomorrow morning bro,gonna get a shopping cart full of stuff(helmet,boots,gloves,goggles,pants,jersey,stand,oil,filters,spare plugs,etc.,etc.,etc.).Waitin' on the dude to drop off the bike now,said he'd be here between 1:00-1:30.:super:

Took it for a quick ride around the neighborhood and first impression...terrifying!:lol:Felt like I was 6 feet in the air,sittin' on a bicycle with a 2x4 for a seat and a peppy motor('course I was in house slippers,pajama bottoms and sleeveless T-shirt,and no helmet,bet I was a sight:laugh:).This is gonna take some gettin' used to,rode off the curb with legs dangling 'cause I couldn't find the damned foot pegs(you're right nosbig).:lol:Definitely a learning curve for sure!:super:

Think one of the first things I need to do
is get the suspension set up for my fat ass,
more than likely springs, etc.

Race Tech is only about 15 miles from me,
may just take it there and have them do it up.

https://www.meetup.com/socalrider/

They got a ride planned today ~^~ want to roll over there this morning ?

RT_Motostand_300.jpg

They might have some riding gear ~ did he kick in a bike stand too ?

Haven't used that stand yet but use the hell out of the triangle stand he threw in.:DUp at Chaparral picked up some nice Sidi boots for $300("Charger"),matte black Bell helmet on sale for a $100,Fox goggles,gloves,Thor jersey and pants,tall socks for the boots,several quarts each of engine and trans. oil,oil filters,crush washers,tie downs,air filter cleaning and oiling kit,etc.Came home and ordered a class III hitch and an aluminum bike rack for the Jeep so I can haul it around.Found a good shop up in Riverside I'm gonna drop it off at and have them go over it from end to end before I start beatin' on it(all of the suspension stuff,new tires,check the valves,grease and check all of the bearings,bushings,etc.).Rode it for a 1/2 hour yesterday and my ass is still sore from that scrawny little seat.:lol:

http://precisionconceptsracing.com/

Also found what looks to be a decent dirt site:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forums/

Last edited:
Haven't used that stand yet but use the hell out of the triangle stand he threw in.:DUp at Chaparral picked up some nice Sidi boots for $300("Charger"),matte black Bell helmet on sale for a $100,Fox goggles,gloves,Thor jersey and pants,tall socks for the boots,several quarts each of engine and trans. oil,oil filters,crush washers,tie downs,air filter cleaning and oiling kit,etc.Came home and ordered a class III hitch and an aluminum bike rack for the Jeep so I can haul it around.Found a good shop up in Riverside I'm gonna drop it off at and have them go over it from end to end before I start beatin' on it(all of the suspension stuff,new tires,check the valves,grease and check all of the bearings,bushings,etc.).Rode it for a 1/2 hour yesterday and my ass is still sore from that scrawny little seat.:lol:

http://precisionconceptsracing.com/

I like to use the same 40 weight oil in the trans as I do in the motor. Seems to make shifts a bit smoother with the thinner oil. I change it every ride though. Been doing it for years and have never had an issue. That way I can just buy one oil by the case. Between the boy and myself we go through between 4.5 and 9 quarts a weekend.

I like to use the same 40 weight oil in the trans as I do in the motor. Seems to make shifts a bit smoother with the thinner oil. I change it every ride though. Been doing it for years and have never had an issue. That way I can just buy one oil by the case. Between the boy and myself we go through between 4.5 and 9 quarts a weekend.

What are you doing to your oil that you have to change it so often?

What are you doing to your oil that you have to change it so often?

Running at least two bikes if not three, depending on how many my boy takes. Change after every ride, filter every other ride. Between 2 and 2.5 quarts per bike × 2 days it adds up. It would be worse if I followed Honda maintenance schedule for the 450, book recommends changing oil every 30 minutes, but that is under race conditions.

You make me wanna buy a dual sport .. just traded for a 2014 dr650 .. man I really would love to buy it .. sweet bike .. I'm just bikes out right now with the busa build :(

We have about a dozen tracks within' 25 miles of my house,I'll be takin' my lumps with the peewees.:laugh:

Think one of the first things I need to do is get the suspension set up for my fat ass,more than likely springs,etc.Race Tech is only about 15 miles from me,may just take it there and have them do it up.
Check cogent dynamics when you get a chance. I got some valves and springs for the front forks on my DR650 and it's a huge improvement. I'll be doing the rear shock too, but tax man rapped me on property taxes this year(I'm sure some people have it worse than me, but I'm still pissed about it).

We have about a dozen tracks within' 25 miles of my house,
I'll be taking my lumps with the peewees .

:laugh:

Raced my old ladies Raptor in the Lake Elsinore GP in 2010 ~ it wore me out way more than racing my Big Red Pig . . .

Should be holding up two fingers for second place ~ got passed by a younger guy on a 2011 KTM 450 . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzO5DMFMk6N9ZK_WmKe8PH-lUEya5kbGNTOT1wcxjwOBzaAcwp.jpg

Back