New 2008 Busa!

lol, hey another thing, i hate salesmen, is there anything i should be aware of when i buy my busa cuz i know how some like to rip you off.
I mean like whats the best service plan, or should i even get one?
Should i get an extended warrenty or not?
Cuz i know how some of these salesmen like to take everthing they can get.
guns.gif
Do your research and know what your gonna pay and don't let the salesman try to make you pay more. Just search the site, guys have been posting OTD prices all over.

Service plans probably vary from dealer to dealer. I do my own services because I've had the dealership screw-up one to many times. They'll never work on any bike I own again.

Extended warranty is a choice. The vast majority of Busas are perfect. But you could get the lemon and this is the 1st year for the new model. But then again, its not completely new rather its revised. I wouldn't get the extended, but some do.

I love my 08 but cant get it low enough cause the tail section!! (im short) kinda think i liked my 04 better
How tall are you? I just put my rear adjustable lowering links on tonight and I can sit flat footed now. I only went 1.5" and they are capable of 4" which will just about rub the fender.

I have 40mm spools coming for the front mainly to get the bars up a bit but will also lower the forks then... probably only 30mm of that.

It was a productive night.

Lowering links installed
Stock exhaust removed. New R77's go on tomorrow
Brake light BACK-OFF module installed

Personally i would not get frame sliders right out the door because they have to cut a huge hole in your plastics to install. But I would consider the suzuki or pitbull rear lift stand right out the door. You will be more than satisfied in your new busa, and I see your from minnesota so ou would have some time before the real nice weather starts to mod the heck out of it. There are lots of things for the busa that can make it even more perfect for you. Have fun and good luck.
beerchug.gif

I am 50 years old, 6' tall and 180lbs. Bought my Busa 2 weeks ago and it is without a doubt the best overall bike I have owned (and I've been riding since I was 16, so I've owned one or two). I love this machine. Smooth, effortless power, good looks, and easy to ride at any speed.

The '08 is a phenomenal machine.  I have zero problems with mine, and I have over 6200 miles on it since Thanksgiving '07.

Shifting is like chocolate butter; silky smooth.  The 'busa is a bulletproof masterpiece which everyone who enjoys motorcycling on the best should experience.

I cannot tell you strongly enough that the 'busa is a great all 'round bike.

I have had four total (02 silver/grey; 06LE x2 and the '08) and currently have the '06 Limited Edition and the '08 Charcoal/Black in my garage.  Both of them are extraordinary.

My strongest endorsement is given here for your positive decision...if you can handle it!

Welcome to the .oRg.  It's a mad, mad, mad, mad place, so you'll probably fit right in.

laugh.gif

Scar
DANG! Do you ever get off that thing!!! You must sleep on her!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I am 50 years old, 6' tall and 180lbs. Bought my Busa 2 weeks ago and it is without a doubt the best overall bike I have owned (and I've been riding since I was 16, so I've owned one or two). I love this machine. Smooth, effortless power, good looks, and easy to ride at any speed.
Hey CRITTERDOC,
Are you Veterinarian?

The '08 is a phenomenal machine.  I have zero problems with mine, and I have over 6200 miles on it since Thanksgiving '07.

Shifting is like chocolate butter; silky smooth.  The 'busa is a bulletproof masterpiece which everyone who enjoys motorcycling on the best should experience.

I cannot tell you strongly enough that the 'busa is a great all 'round bike.

I have had four total (02 silver/grey; 06LE x2 and the '08) and currently have the '06 Limited Edition and the '08 Charcoal/Black in my garage.  Both of them are extraordinary.

My strongest endorsement is given here for your positive decision...if you can handle it!

Welcome to the .oRg.  It's a mad, mad, mad, mad place, so you'll probably fit right in.

laugh.gif

Scar
DANG! Do you ever get off that thing!!! You must sleep on her!
laugh.gif
6200 miles and it's been a crappy winter for riding (we needed the rain, though). AAAaaaand, I travel a LOT!

After I replaced my 1st '06LE with the 2nd one, I put 20K miles on it in 10 months. Now it's up on stands staying 'pristine'. "Pegasus" only comes out once or twice a month. "Wasabi" is now my ride of choice.

I am a glutton; I admit it.
whistling.gif

Scar___His_Busas_Feb_9__08.jpg

laugh.gif

I am 33 and 6ft tall I absolutely love my 08.I have the same problem but just pull ont the clutch and it will engage.I am currently looking into seats.I am not small so it does get a little uncomfortable sometimes.But the massive power seems to make me forget about any discomfort.I highly recomend the 08.

I pretty much just want to use the Busa for commuting around and stuff. How is the Busa in the city?
It appears most folks sorta glossed over this part of your post....
sadnews.gif

To be absolutely frank, if you are *truly* going to use this bike primarily for city work, commuting, etc, then there may be a few more practical choices out there..... bikes that still have plenty of giddy-up-n-go, but also have some decent carrying capacity, less theft appeal, and less of a cop magnet.

Just sayin'....

My suspicion is that if you do end up getting the Busa, commuting and city work will only be *part* of the bike's use.
cool.gif

As far as reliability, the appears 'Busa is right up there with the best of them. The powertrain seems pretty rock solid. There does not appear to be any electrical got'cha's. We've generally seen/heard very little in the way of chronic problems such as the shifting into 1st gear thingy (the latter, to be honest, is not so much a "problem" as it is learning the proper technique).

Of course, there will always be the exceptions (like ks-waterbug's EFI Light issue), but from rather close observations of forum traffic here, BN.com, sh.org, etc, over the past 6 months, the K8 has been a pretty huge success, mechanically-speaking.
thumb_up.gif

i just left my R1 for the b-king and i love it. goin to lower it tomorow. any one know how low to go. i got one in the front doing the back tomorow.

CIMG1731.JPG

[/QUOTETo be absolutely frank, if you are *truly* going to use this bike primarily for city work, commuting, etc, then there may be a few more practical choices out there..... bikes that still have plenty of giddy-up-n-go, but also have some decent carrying capacity, less theft appeal, and less of a cop magnet.

What do people use busa for?

What do people use busa for?
There is a fairly wide variety of mini-communities that use this platform... using the bike in a wide variety of ways.

It's big in the dragstrip, street racing, go-fast crowd, these are obvious genres.

It's also a serious part of the custom/show bike community, and a huge cottage industry supports it.

It has a pretty active but much smaller contingent of sport-touring riders who do a fair amount of riding using the Busa. These guys are a bit nutty. Still, I'm leaning their way.
cool.gif

Don't forget about those who are taking theirs to the track.  It's not the most optimal bike for that, but it proves over and over that if properly maneuvered, the 'busa can do nearly anything any other bike can do...in some cases, it just requires more 'body language'. ;)

No, its not worth it. You should just buy it and give it to me. You would be much happier. BTW i'll take a blue one.

Back