Need some POLICE advice!!!

BUSA CRUSEN said:
Thanks for all the advice and well wishes everybody! I don't have enough time to order that book now, but I will still get it as I'll have more interview later. I went and bought my first suit and it should be ready by my board date. I'll let you guys know how I did as soon as I know.:thumbsup:

Good luck again man. An rooting for you here. :)

BUSA CRUSEN said:
I PASSED THE BOARD TODAY!! Thanks to those who gave me advise and well wishes, it worked:thumbsup:

Awesome:thumbsup: good work:beerchug:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

The three board members each took a turn asking me questions for about 20 to 25 questions total after they gave me five minutes to answer three questions which they gave us all 15 minutes to prepare for. (it went pretty fast and was kinda fun). The personal questions were 1. what have you done to prepare for the job/what qualifications do you have for the job? 2. What would be the hardest call for you to go on? 3. What would your ideal assignment be if you could get it? They only asked the questions and then wouldn't say anything unless I needed them to repeat part of the question which I only did once. All the questions were scenario based and mostly common sense. I just did like I was advised, took a second to think what I would do, then gave them my answer. A few of the questions were dealing with a veteran partner doing something they weren't supposed to and asking what I would do about it. One questions was that I was working patrol at 1:00am by myself when I pull over a car without a license plate and four adult males inside. When they stopped, they all got out of their car and started walking towards me. What would you do? Another was if I was on a break while on duty and in the back of a shop getting a sandwich and an armed robber walked in with an accomplice and pointed a gun a the clerk and demanded money, what would I do?

Next I just wait to get contacted by the background detective, then get a polygraph test, psych test, medical test, and a couple of interviews and will get hired or passed up.

My group was all wearing suits, but the one guy who didn't wear his jacket failed. Glad I bought me a new suit for the board:laugh:

Nice job Busa Crusen!

That was some damn good advice provided to you...glad it worked. I disagree with the wedding ring thing, but whatever, still a pile of good stuff.

From here on out for the rest of the process (and your career) remember this; DO NOT LIE! If you are caught in even the tiniest lie it'll be documented in your background packet and that will follow you to every future agency you apply to. It'll end your career before it ever starts.

Keep that suit, you'll need it often for court.

When they give you a PHS (personal history statement) or "background packet" start on it right away and DO NOT procrastinate. You may need to get in touch with high school teachers/counselor/college advisor/old references/old addresses/etc. It can get very tedeous so start on it as soon as you get it.

Good luck and feel free to PM me with any future questions.

One questions was that I was working patrol at 1:00am by myself when I pull over a car without a license plate and four adult males inside. When they stopped, they all got out of their car and started walking towards me. What would you do?
just outta curiosity how did you answer that question? it tends to stump quite a few.

the correct answer is to call for cover and return back to your crusier and retreat and make a mental note of their descriptions the best you can. that doesnt mean turn around and drive the other way but you have protection in ur car and can get out of harms way by doing so. if they got back into the car I would follow them at a safe distance until cover arrived. I dont know too many who would actually do that but that is the correct answer for that scenerio.

Nice job Busa Crusen!

That was some damn good advice provided to you...glad it worked. I disagree with the wedding ring thing, but whatever, still a pile of good stuff.

From here on out for the rest of the process (and your career) remember this; DO NOT LIE! If you are caught in even the tiniest lie it'll be documented in your background packet and that will follow you to every future agency you apply to. It'll end your career before it ever starts.

Keep that suit, you'll need it often for court.

When they give you a PHS (personal history statement) or "background packet" start on it right away and DO NOT procrastinate. You may need to get in touch with high school teachers/counselor/college advisor/old references/old addresses/etc. It can get very tedeous so start on it as soon as you get it.

Good luck and feel free to PM me with any future questions.

I already turned that in a couple weeks ago.

just outta curiosity how did you answer that question? it tends to stump quite a few.

the correct answer is to call for cover and return back to your crusier and retreat and make a mental note of their descriptions the best you can. that doesnt mean turn around and drive the other way but you have protection in ur car and can get out of harms way by doing so. if they got back into the car I would follow them at a safe distance until cover arrived. I dont know too many who would actually do that but that is the correct answer for that scenerio.

I said I don't know what the SPD SOP is for that situation, but I would follow that. Since I don't know it, for now I would order then to stop and get back to the vehicle. If they didn't follow my order I would pepper spray them and call for back up as soon as I could (I didn't go into what I would do if they kept coming). If they did stop, I would separate the driver from the others and wait with him until backup arrived. My answer was something along those lines, can't remember exactly.

I said I don't know what the SPD SOP is for that situation, but I would follow that. Since I don't know it, for now I would order then to stop and get back to the vehicle. If they didn't follow my order I would pepper spray them and call for back up as soon as I could (I didn't go into what I would do if they kept coming). If they did stop, I would separate the driver from the others and wait with him until backup arrived. My answer was something along those lines, can't remember exactly.
not a bad answer. tough question to answer since their are so many unknowns. ud be surprised how many say "I would draw my weapon and if they didnt stop id be forced to use deadly force".....:whistle: under the force continuum u would be ok using ur OC spray if you were to use force so again not a bad answer. they just want to make sure ur not some hot head who cant use common sense.

not a bad answer. tough question to answer since their are so many unknowns. ud be surprised how many say "I would draw my weapon and if they didnt stop id be forced to use deadly force".....:whistle: under the force continuum u would be ok using ur OC spray if you were to use force so again not a bad answer. they just want to make sure ur not some hot head who cant use common sense.

I don't ever want to have to shoot another person again. Had enough of that in Iraq. But if I have to, I know that I won't hesitate and I got some good experience of knowing when and when not to shoot.

I don't ever want to have to shoot another person again. Had enough of that in Iraq. But if I have to, I know that I won't hesitate and I got some good experience of knowing when and when not to shoot.
im sure with a PD that big they will have plenty of shoot dont shoot training which is quite different then what you would see in the military but having experience shooting anyone under any circumstance is always a plus.

I would have my gun out if I saw 4 of my local gang bangers appoaching me and not stopping when told to....maybe its just the area I work in. I have an ASP, taser, glock and AR15...Just have to articulate everything in the report as to the high crime area, knowledge of the suspects history (if known) and your fear for your life, etc...has always worked around here. :whistle:

im sure with a PD that big they will have plenty of shoot dont shoot training which is quite different then what you would see in the military but having experience shooting anyone under any circumstance is always a plus.

best video games I have played...good training

Back